Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I'm Going to Need Another Tea Cup Shelf -- Tea Cup Exchange: Fall 2017


It may not appear that I could possibly need one more tea cup to add to my collection....but the truth is I always have my eye open for another pretty cup that I cannot live without. By now I also have a fair number of family and friends who keep their eyes open for me and of course I joyfully participate in Stephanie's (The Enchanting Rose) Tea Cup and Mug Exchange each and every time! So my collection has outgrown my fairly new tea cup shelf already and I am on the prowl for another...

The latest addition to my shelf is this sweet little white and gold snowflake tea cup....it was true love the moment I set my eyes on it!!!


It was gifted to me in the latest tea cup swap by Tanya who blogs at Timeless Romantic Designs . She visited my blog "undercover" and discovered our common interest/passion for figure skating and put together a box full of lovely surprises in the skating and snowflake theme. 


So many treasures were packed into this box....the pretty tea cup of course, a figure skating ornament along with some fabric with skates and snowflakes. I have seen several skating themed fabrics before but it is very difficult to find skating fabric where the skates actually look like genuine figure skates. This fabric is the cutest skating fabric I have ever seen! (and the skates look genuine!)


My package also included some Snowflake Tea! It has coconut in it and it is absolutely wonderful! It is definitely dessert without the calories and a nice treat in the evening!  Tanya included a tea strainer and it works like a charm. I also received some snowflake buttons, they are darling and I can surely put them to use in my sewing and craft projects! There was a pretty black and gold journal with some tags tied up in ivory tulle, Also tied up in the ivory tulle to the left in this picture is a package with a pink snowball cupcake. That was definitely a trip down Memory Lane for me. I don't think I have had one of these since elementary school! I shared it with my husband! ;)  There was also a white chocolate candy bar and a packet of white hot chocolate mix--delicious and long gone!!! There was also the neatest combination coloring book/planner, all tea themed and since I have recently become a doodling, coloring fanatic I already had all the pencils and markers I needed. Now I can polly wolly doodle all day....and color!


I just love this little snowflake tea cup with its beautiful luster finish. I had taken a photo of the saucer with the little snowflake on it but I cannot locate where it went in the downloading process. So I will send you to Tanya's post HERE as she has posted a perfect photo of the saucer.

Thank you so much Tanya for my beautiful package of skating and snowflake themed goodies. Not only was it so generous and beautifully put together, it was also thoughtfully customized to a common interest and I appreciate the time it took to find these special items! Heartfelt thanks!!! I hope to read a future post on your blog that you have dusted off your skates and returned to the ice!

The recipient of my package is Jocelyne who blogs at Miss Jo's Shabby Life. She likes roses and white decor and chocolate so I picked out a rose tea cup for her,  stitched her up a little white zipper bag with lace, included some pretty white linens, and some pretty floral napkins, and added a few locally made items: chocolate from our local candy store, some maple syrup and honey. I also included a set of three mercury glass tea light holders and some handcrafted soap and scrubbies.



As usual, it has been a pleasure meeting two more women bloggers who share so many common interests. I will be checking in on them via blog land! So many thank you's to Stephanie who pours her heart into this exchange and makes all of these friendships a possibility!

Please visit Stephanie's blog to read her latest REVEAL POST which highlights the many tea cup and mug packages that were exchanged by those without blogs as well as links to posts by bloggers who participated in the swap. That is where it all began for me. I read her REVEAL post a few years back when I was just starting out as a blogger and decided to join. I've been doing it and loving it ever since! It will never lose it's charm....


....which is why my tea cup shelf now looks like this....I even have a few more tea cups that because of their slightly larger size, do not fit. I am now in search mode for another tea cup shelf.....

I am looking forward to seeing all the new tea cups and mugs that were exchanged...it may take a while because over 200 people took part in this exchange from all over the world....Amazing!




33 comments:

  1. How precious is that tea cup!!! I love it. You have some pretties going on there. Love your display of tea cups. The exchange is so much fun. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I agree that this exchange is a ball! I look forward to it each time!

      Delete
  2. Such lovely goodies gifted to you, Linda. The teacup is so pretty; and all the snowflake themed pretties so apt. I have never heard of snowflake tea, how special. I think you will have to acquire another lovely cupboard for your collection, though I suppose you can teeter-totter a few more pretty teacups on top. =) Love also, the teacup and goodies you sent to Jocelyne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      Thank you! LOL, teeter-tottering makes me a little nervous!!! I think I'll keep the others safe in a cupboard and look for another shelf of some kind!! Have a nice day!!

      Delete
  3. Really amazing!Pretty teacups you received and sent.Such fun!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, lots of fun! I really enjoy it! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda~ oh my goodness...Tanya went all out in such a thoughtful way as she so beautifully themed your gift box. I think this is one of the sweetest gifts given, only because she had the same interests as you and went that extra mile to make you smile. Just too sweet!
    As I was Loki b at all those gorgeous tea cups, I was trying to remember back as to who gifted you certain tea cups from this exchange. I didn't do to badly with my memory. 😏
    Your tea cup shelf is awesome and looks lovely with all that beauty.

    The tea cup your gifted was quite unique and beautiful as well.

    Enjoy your new treasures ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Yes, Tanya was extremely thoughtful and I loved everything tucked into that package! That's a great memory you have there! Course you would remember that beautiful pink and gold cup with the gold spoon???Right??? LOL! I treasure it! Enjoy the rest of the week....it's seems to be flying!

      Delete
  5. Oh, my word! I love, love, LOVE your amazing tea cup shelf!!! I could just sit and stare at it and swoon for hours! And, what amazing things you received and sent through the exchange! Just beautiful...all of it. :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It was so nice to "meet" you today! God bless you, and may you find the new shelf you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! I went looking one day for that shelf and it was literally the first thing I saw in an antique shop as I walked in the door!!! Some things are meant to be! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I too love your tea cup shelf and knowing the little Snowflake Teacup that could found it's new home on it makes my heart sing with joy! What fun it was putting together your box for you. I'm so glad you have enjoyed this fun exchange so many times and being paired with you was a true gift for me. We share common interests and it was such fun finding skating things and snowflake items! Maybe some day we will have a pink coconut marshmallow snowball fight (I mean tea time together!)Enjoy a cup of calorie free coconut tea and know I'm sending good thoughts of health and happiness your way!
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya,
      You've probably figured out by now that I love my new little tea cup and all my other treasures received from you. I used it just last night! Made myself a cup of that amazing tea you gave me and relaxed in the living room! The skating theme was sweet and so thoughtful and my skate ornament will be the first one on my tree this year! Who says we can't have a pink snowball fight and tea time???? So thankful for the package of joy that you sent my way! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. Take care my new friend! xx

      Delete
  7. Your tea cup shelf is very nice. I read about your ice skating goodies and it just tickled by it. Such fun gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Linda! It was a very thoughtful package and full of fun!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Oh Linda! What an incredible gifting that Tanya sent to you! How fun that you and she both love figure skating, and what an adorable collection of figure skating goodies she sent to you! You will have fun creating with the new skating fabric too! And I remember those marshmallow snowballs, took me down memory lane too! Such a gorgeous package you sent to Jocelyne too! I will stop by her blog to see all the goodies you gifted her with. I love your handmade work, being the happy recipient of a package from you a couple of years ago :) Blessings and hugs to you today, enjoying this tea party traveling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      Yes, Tonya is quite the sleuth and does great undercover research, lol! Love my new tea cup and love adding to my collection! Thanks for stopping. Sending love and hugs!!!

      Delete
  9. I just love your snow themed goodies! The tea is so unique. The package you sent out was equally as nice and thoughtful. And it was really fun getting to look at your teacup collection. Enjoy it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The tea is unique and very delicious! I've never seen one like it before!

      Delete
  10. Ahhh, I could just stare at your tea cups all day, my friend {{smiles}} What a beautiful collection you have and they are displayed in such a lovely manner.

    YOur newest tea cup from Tanya is ever so pretty and charming. I just love hose she sent you a "snowflake" cup along with ice skating goodies. It's quite evident she put a lot of love into her package to you.

    And oh, what a pretty package you sent to Jocelyn! She shared with me that she hopes to share her gifts on her blog soon, but at the moment her computer isn't letting her upload photos.

    Thanks for joining the fun, sweet friend! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie,
      Thank you!!! My collection has grown with every exchange, thanks to you! Really Stephanie, your kindness and willingness to keep this going is so appreciated by me and so many others. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's been fun meeting two more lovely ladies and also seeing the generosity of everyone in this swap! Looking forward already to the next!!! Love and hugs to you too!

      Delete
  11. I just loved seeing the gifts that you received, Linda. The snowflake teacup is just stunning, and all the skating related gifts are just perfect for you. The snowflake tea sounds so delectable, and will surely warm your heart and soul during the coming months. You also sent such a thoughtful package to your recipient. What a blessing this exchange is in our lives, and all because of the thoughtfulness and love of our dear hostess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Kitty,
      Thank you! I love my new snowflake tea cup too!!!I know...Stephanie is a wonderful hostess! We are fortunate to have her here!!! Hope you are enjoying your tea package too. I really enjoy trying new teas, don't you? Hope all is well....I'll be catching up on some blog reading later in the week....take care Kitty, hugs

      Delete
  12. Wow, look at that shelf of teacups! Yep, you need another one ;) Your snowflake-themed gift is very special and unique. I had the pleasure of gifting Tanya with a teacup. So nice to meet new friends, through this swap. I still remember the lovely package you sent me. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,
      Yep, you are right, I need another shelf and I am on it! Eyes are peeled....Yes it is nice meeting new friends, especially this way...Tanya was so very thoughtful! Have a lovely day! xo

      Delete
  13. Your new friend did a wonderful job of choosing special things for you - your new cup is a perfect addition to your tea shelf (which, btw, is amazing!!). I'm sure the recipient of your goodies was pretty thrilled as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think we all are pretty thrilled!!!! I have been amazed by the beautiful packages sent out in this swap!!!

      Delete
  14. Very nice teacup shelf! Collection tea pretties can be quite addictive; we may need to start an online support group! Your snowflake-themed package is very cool, especially the beautiful teacup! I love all things coconut so I'm intrigued by your snowflake tea. I'm also loving the pretty teacup with adorable gold feet that you sent your partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie,
      OK, you can be in charge of that online support group! I'll happily join! ;) Let me tell you, that coconut tea is sooo good! I love coconut too so it is a wonderful treat!

      Delete
  15. Lovely addition to your tea cup collection, that skate is real pretty too! I bet your recipient was thrilled with your all your handmade goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Thank you! My collection has certainly grown! And it doesn't show any signs of stopping!!! LOL! I'll be by today or tomorrow to catch up on all your beautiful card making!!! Hope all is well!

      Delete
  16. Wow - I love your tea cup collection! And your new one is so beautiful! I've not seen that one before. What a wonderful themed package for this time of year too. By the way, you totally spoiled me with the package you sent. I love every thing in it. It is all just so pretty and matches my tastes to a "Tea" Thank you so much ~ XO Jocelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyne,
      Thank you! At least half of my cups are from this swap!!! I love them all! I had fun "spoiling" you and enjoyed reading your blog post! You are most welcome! Enjoy! xo

      Delete
  17. I just knew this was going to be great! I love your collection and this lovely group of ladies who inspire and reach out to each other is so fabulous. Your display rack is gorgeous too! Stay cozy my sweet friend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete