Sunday, July 9, 2017

Dreaming of Paris


Good evening all.....Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We have been having some beautiful summer weather, though yesterday was a bit on the humid side and we did have some rather strong thunderstorms. Today was exceptionally nice with lots of sun, blue skies and low humidity. I could take several months of this kind of weather!

 Yesterday I printed some pretty French floral graphics on to some fabric for use on some decorative hanging pillows. (Graphics purchased from French Paper Moon.) I was anxious to start the first pillow so this morning I cut pieces of lace and arranged it around the pretty pink flowers. Since it was so nice outside, I wanted to get some fresh air but later in the afternoon I returned to my pillow in pieces and began putting it all together. It went together well but took plenty of time to get it just right.


The pillow measures 8" x 6"

In addition to some beautiful laces from my collection, I also used torn strips of sheer curtain panels for the side bows and hanger.  The main fabric is painter's canvas which I love to work with as it adds a perfect soft, rustic touch to vintage projects, especially those with lots of luscious lace.


I am very pleased with the way it turned out. It was a "trial pillow" as I have three more copies of the graphic printed out on fabric. I am anxious to begin another.....


I love the Paris tag. Initially I had stitched "PARIS"  onto a canvas tag. I had cut the word out of some fabric that I had and I stitched it to the tag with some fusible fleece under it because I wanted it to pop. Once done, I did not like the look of the jet black print on the tag. It was just too dark for all the pretty pink and cream on the pillow so I decided to cover the tag with a piece of the sheer fabric to see if it would minimize some darkness in the text. I stitched it on and then restitched around the word "PARIS" to give it that quilted look. It worked just as I had hoped. I love the way it looks on the pillow with exposed stitching and of course the loose threads. I think it adds just the right amount of shabby to the pillow....





It can be hung on the wall, on a door knob, placed on a shelf or as part of a vignette or just about anywhere.....


I even like it right where it is--sitting on my dining room table! 


Tomorrow I will get crackin' on the other pillows. Hopefully they will not take me as long to complete as this one did. I have quite a stash of lace to choose from so I will challenge myself to make them all one-of-a-kind. 

Wishing everyone a great week ahead! 



12 comments:

  1. Good morning Dearest One and happy Monday to you!

    I'm so charmed by your pillow, it truly won my heart, sweetest Linda !

    Grateful more and more for the deep joy with which you always fill my heart with the wonderful masterpieces you give life to,
    I'm wishing you a blessed new week

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, LOVE this French pillow. So stunning with all the pretty lace and trims. Love the darling graphic you used for this. Adding the Paris tag is perfect. I know you had fun designing this beauty. Your work is incredible. Yes, it would look gorgeous anywhere. You are so talented and this is truly a treasure. Happy creating the others and can't wait to see those too. Have a wonderful week. Joys always, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Linda. Happy new week. 😊 Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillow You have insprired me , Small pillow are so sweet so many places
    Hope you come visit
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is just so stunning, the image is just beautiful, love the vintage feel it has and your use of the lace is just gorgeous!! I just love the idea you had to soften the word Paris, it worked perfectly, Love everything about this lovely creation, have fun with the others!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunningly gorgeous pillow, Linda. What an ingenious idea re the Paris tag. I love the pretty rose graphic. Can't wait to see the pretty pillows you next fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pillow,so sweet and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! I love anything with roses and lace. You always come up with the best designs. I'm not sewing right now but I've been in the mood for change. I'm working in my house more, decluttering and making things look neater. Enjoy your evening! It's hot and humid here! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! How pretty. I like the way you fixed a problem without throwing it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vee! Visited your blog today! :) Hope the move goes smoothly!
      Linda

      Delete
  10. Your designs are always so lovely Linda! You're so talented and creative!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda,
    Your talents are many and your fabric choices and design capabilities are very impressive. Beyond gorgeous and perfect too!
    xox
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete