Thursday, June 1, 2017

It's June! What Happened to May?



Happy June friends! I can't really believe we have begun another month. I have to say that May flew by so quickly and it just hit me today! I suppose when four weekends are completely booked in any month, it can seem like a short month. We were out of town for three weekends in May. We celebrated my son-in-laws birthday in Boston (what fun) and we spent two weekends back-to-back in Newport, RI for my youngest daughter's college graduation. (so amazing) We also moved her into an apartment. (happy/sad/maybe a few tears)

This week I have been focusing on getting back to normal and replenishing some stock for my ETSY shop. I was nearly out of my bookmarks that use graphics printed on fabric and lots of lace. I had recently found a good selection of vintage laces and edgings and I was dying to put them to use. I worked on this series of bookmarks you see pictured above and it was so enjoyable putting them together. Plus it just felt so darn good jumping back in the saddle. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!!!


Since I had so many new laces and edgings, I layered them on at the top and bottom.


I especially love the crocheted edgings. I love that someone actually takes the time to remove them from pillows, linens etc and then they sell them all tied up in little bundles. If I see them in antique shops, I grab them!


More lace and edgings at the bottom...


I constructed these bookmarks on my back porch where I have set up my sewing machine since warmer weather has arrived. I have constant "help" and companionship whenever I sew on the back porch because my sweet dog Ellie, loves to join me there.


As you can see she certainly is one huge pile of help! She was out like a light and actually snoring! She loves to sleep on the wicker love seat! I love having her around even when she gets under foot. After all, my nest has become rather empty......sigh.....

Well friends, that's all for today hoping to spend some time catching up with my blogging friends over the next couple of days. Being away for the past month has made me grateful that I can still follow many of you around on social media and not be completely out of the loop. It's been a very busy month for many of us! See you soon! Have a lovely weekend too!

14 comments:

  1. Last month DID fly by! Love these bookmarks...off to Etsy to look at them all! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! Hope all is well....I'll be by later to catch up on some reading. I feel like I have missed so much! Hope you and your hubby are well and having a lovely spring! Thanks for stopping by. Nice to hear from you! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Your bookmarks are AMAZING, my friend! Wow, what loveliness and oh, the lace....so pretty :) I love that you put your sewing machine on your back porch - how I would love to do that.

    Happy June, Linda! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie,
      Thank you so much for your kind words! I always appreciate your feedback! Yes, the porch is where I hide out in the warmer months....with my not so little sidekick. I love sewing with the windows open....especially early mornings and evenings! xo

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous bookmarks, Linda. I love the graphics surrounded by the smidgen of pretty laces. How lovely to sit and sew on your back porch, complete with a wicker love seat and your sweet Ellie. She has the look of complete relaxation doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Thank you and yes, so glad to be back out on my porch again! I think we have finally turned a corner and warm weather is with us to stay.....been very rainy though. Ellie definitely knows how to relax, though not very ladylike!!! ;) Hope all is well!

      Delete
  4. You did have an exciting May! Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and new start in the rest of her life!

    I could never resist beautiful trimmings like that at yard sales in my younger days and passed a shoe box full of what was left to my creative daughter-in-law a few years ago. Your bookmarks are lovely. I believe strongly in bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dewena,
      Thank you so much! I still can't believe 4 yrs has passed so quickly. Seems like we were just moving my daughter in to her dorm freshman year.....regarding beautiful trimmings, I grab some every time I hit an antique or vintage shop. I use it up pretty quickly. I believe in bookmarks too, lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, Congrats to your daughter on her graduation. It sure goes by fast as you know. Your bookmarks are incredible and I love the crocheted edges and the lace. Amazing!! Glad you are getting back to your creative routines with your darling fur angel by your side to keep you company as you sew and design.
    Wishing you a great weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste! Yes it's sure nice to get back into a normal routine....and I never tire of having my Ellie next to me except when she naps on my sewing machine pedal, lol. She loves to do that! So nice of you to stop by and I'm hoping you have a nice weekend too!!! xo

      Delete
  6. I have not seen these bundles you speak of... must look. Your bookmarks are little works of art; I'd not want to hide them in a book. May sounds very eventful and life-changing for you. Thus it has ever been, but that does not make it easier. Good thing Ellie is staying put.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy May you had, Linda! Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter on her graduation.
    Your bookmarks are absolutely darling, and I love the pretty trims that you find. How sweet to have Ellie as your companion while you create and sew. I hope you have a wonderful June, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bookmarks are so very sweet, Linda! So glad that you had some 'help' from your fur-baby, too. The empty nest can be so quiet sometimes....... Congratulations to your dear daughter on her very big accomplishment! So bittersweet for a Mom to see her launched into the world, though. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have kept up with you and the graduation on FB! You have been so busy and it is such a bittersweet time of life. I am striving (as you know) to embrace a new decade with a new attitude. Life is collection of chapters and as we grow, and expand our horizons in various avenues those old chapters close and new ones appear. It is challenging! But you are so well loved and equipped to meet those new beginnings. Your shop is always wonderful and your quality of work is stellar! Here is to a new beginning!
    XO
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete