Saturday, April 1, 2017

Three Little Angels


Good morning friends! We are once again in the midst of a snowstorm....just got the piles from the last nor'easter to finally melt away and lo and behold.....another snowstorm....though when I woke up this morning, we were on the lesser end of the expected snowfall amounts. For that I am grateful!  I kept myself busy yesterday afternoon and evening completing a trio of angels using some new laces I purchased recently.  Each angel is unique. All are embellished differently but all are in neutral tones and shabby sweet.



It's been a while since I crafted any angels and sometimes I get such an urge to create them.... so I decided that as long as I was going to be stuck inside, I was going to do something fun. I had a great time working on my triplet angels and coming up with ways to make them unique in their own way.

The angel (shown above) was the first one of the batch....she has horizontal stripes (which I would never wear btw, lol!) and two layers of doilies for her wings.


Angel number two wears her stripes vertically,  has wings made from a double layer of ivory twill zig-zag stitched together with a doily on top. The flower in her hair is stained with coffee.


It's very hard to see in this photo but she has a layer of vintage eyelet in addition to the narrow lace on her hemline.


This is angel number three. Her wings are made from two layers of the brown ticking with a doily on top. Her halo flower is lightly stained. She has a stained ivory, wide eyelet collar. I love her collar!!


Nestled in a basket....


Taking turns on their best sides....


Lace edge tag with "moms are angels" has been added....


These were so much fun to make!! I have not decided on their hangers yet...trying to decide if I should use curled wire hangers with a shabby bow, (as I often do) or a simple lace hanger, or some ivory silk sari ribbon that I have in my stash...totally undecided at the moment....but the most time consuming work has been done. (and it does take quite a bit of time to make one of these little darlings)

Hoping I get some spring inspiration soon. I think I need to order some pretty new fabrics in some cheerful spring colors.....right now my world is pretty white.....and the white stuff it is still coming down out there!!! I am going to have to do some blog hopping over the weekend to get some springtime inspiration from my friends in warmer parts of the country.

Gotta run! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Bye friends!

20 comments:

  1. Your angels are soooo heavenly, Linda! What a joy to work on some thing that you love doing. I love the doily added on top for the wings. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Kitty, thank you so much! Though I really do not want any more snow, there is something kind of peaceful about knowing you're tucked in all nice and cozy for the duration of the storm....it's nice to have something enjoyable to passes the time as well. I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. More snow!! Surely Spring has to come soon. Perhaps if you buy some pretty Spring fabric, like you said, then it will decide to show up. Your three little angels are gorgeous. Each and every one with their intricate details do sing a heavenly song. I can just imagine the length of time each one of these divine pretties make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim,
      We only got about half as much as predicted so I was more than grateful for that! But winter is hanging on for dear life! I am really anxious for it to MOVE ON! Thank you for your sweet comment too Kim, I appreciate it! Have a good week!

      Delete
  3. Linda, they are so sweet, and lovely, a bunch of peace, hope, and love.
    I`m sorry for you, with dealing with snow, again,- and hope you will soon see spring !!
    Dorthe, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorthe,
      Thank you my friend! We can all use as much peace, hope and love as we can get! As far as the snow is concerned, it was very wet snow and it is sunny today so my hope is that it all melts.....today!
      Have a lovely week!xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda, I just love your charming angels. These little darlings are filled with sweetness and I love the details you add. I can appreciate the time it takes to style these beauties and it is easy to see how much love and talent goes into them.
    Sure hope this is the last of your snowfall. I know you are ready for springtime and warmer days.
    Have fun creating and a wonderful new week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste, many thanks! Yes, ready for spring, had a beautiful spring day today, snow is melted...80 degrees today, was in the 30's last week!:) Have a nice week! xo

      Delete
  5. Oh sorry to hear about your new snowfall, but oh boy did you make some very lovely angels, see something wonderful always comes out of something not so good :)
    I love your idea of using the doily for the wings, love the ticking fabric and the gorgeous use of your laces, so perfect for Mother's day gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      Thank you Connie! happy to say I think the snow has finally left us!!! Gorgeous sunny warm day in the 80's for us. 50 degrees warmer than last week!!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet trio. They are lovely, and it is so satisfying to make something beautiful on a day you're confined inside. I had a bunch of plans today, but lost power for several hours. So I built a fire and settled down to read, then when the power came back on, I'd lost all motivation to vacuum, iron, etc! But did have a restful day.
    Yes, we are only just enjoying the spring flowers vicariously on others' blogs!
    xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was enjoying spring flowers vicariously too through everyone's blog!!! Finally spring has arrived in NH!!! It was very warm today and we had our first spring hike in the woods! Hope you are enjoying spring weather too! xo

      Delete
  7. They're so sweet, Linda!

    It's been unusually cool here, but no snow at the moment. I hope Spring comes to you soon :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rue! :) Spring has finally arrived too!!! Such a lovely spring day here in NH today!!! Have anice week Rue!!!
      xo

      Delete
  8. Such darling little angels! A wonderful way to spend a snowy day! Hope you get some warm sunshine soon! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Thank you so much! It was a nice way to spend a day stuck inside...but I am so ready for outside! Today was a glorious spring day!!!! Have a lovely week! xo

      Delete
  9. Hello, These are so darn cute!! I wish you had some more information on how to make them! They look so vintage. I love that fabric and of course the trim and the lace!
    Happy Spring Linda!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Roxy....I did once try to put together a tutorial but there are so many steps and photos, I gave up...I think I will try to put together the steps to make my original paper twist angels as they are a bit easier to explain and put together. Thanks for your sweet remarks!!! They really are one of my favorite things to make!!!xo

      Delete
  10. You make the cutest things! I love your darling rustic angels! Such talent in your hands :) Hugs to you today! Hope spring comes soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so sweet! I have just found my spring inspiration due to the sun making an appearance. x

    ReplyDelete