Friday, January 20, 2017

Have a Heart or Two....


Hello friends!...... This morning while I was drinking my morning coffee, (cup #2) I finished up the hand sewing on these sweet little Valentines, attached the tulle hangers and last but not least added the bias tape bows and pink paper roses. I started the hearts a couple of days ago. Generally I save the hand sewn portions of my projects for evenings in front of the TV but this week I was very busy and never watched much TV. So this morning it was on my TO DO list and I did it and crossed them off my list.


I love hearts as many of you already know, so Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the year! I have some smaller hearts cut out for some heartstrings that I hope to hang in my dining room. I may work on them later tonight. I also have a few more of these hearts to complete and hope to finish them over the weekend. Some I will be using in my home and some will make their way to my ETSY shop.


Do you celebrate Valentine's Day, decorate the house, make a special meal, decorate cookies? When the kids were home I used to do a lot more in terms of decorating, baking.....I have noticed many decorated sugar cookies showing up on Pinterest and Facebook etc and it has really gotten me in the mood to bake. I love to make heart-shaped sugar cookies and glaze them in various shades of pink and red. They always look so pretty on a platter with some pretty paper doilies underneath. I may bake up a couple batches over the weekend and toss them in the freezer to decorate later. Why not?

Hope this finds you all warm and well. I have been chilled to the bone and will probably remain that way until April or May when we get some nice, warm weather! All in all, I cannot complain about this winter. Though we have had several snowstorms, the snowfall has not been overwhelming and prior to the last snowstorm, most of the snow on the ground had melted. BUT I do look forward to spring! I just keep telling myself, every day is one day closer to spring!

Have a lovely weekend friends!





15 comments:

  1. Oh, I think one needs more than one or two of your pretty hearts, Linda. They are perfect for Valentine's Day. The fabric and lace are sweet and the wired ribbon, just perfect. We don't really decorate for Valentine's Day down here, although I am not adverse to the gift of beautiful flowers and delicious chocolates! Have the loveliest of weekends......stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I agree, what could be nicer than a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a gigantic box of chocolates! I was at my mom's some time ago and we scrolled through many of the photos on your blog of the beautiful items you create....she loved them as much as I do!!!! Hoping to stop by and catch up on your posts this weekend! Happy weekend! Hope you are enjoying your lovely weather!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you're chilled to the bone, Linda! However, your sweet little hearts just warmed my heart. You've embellished them so perfectly and will make a pretty Valentine decor. Happy baking this weekend! Maybe I'll do the same. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty,
      Hope all is well....thank you so much! Glad they warmed your heart--wish they could warm my hands, feet, the tip of my nose,....etc LOL! I'll be paying you a visit this weekend! Enjoy! xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. How teneder and charming your hearts are, darling Linda, your art is always so fascinating to me, thank you for sharing !

    Trusting you had the best of weeks,
    I'm sending blessings on your weekend,
    with so much, sincere gratitude

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dany! So nice to hear from you! sorry it has taken me so long to reply! Life has sure been busy!!!! Always appreciate your kind words. I saw your latest post on G+ and will stop by to check it out. Have a lovely weekend, Dany! Hugs!Linda

      Delete
  4. Ah, Linda...you inspire me! {{smiles}} I am sitting here sipping coffee (my second and last cup for the day...) and enjoying a most wonderful visit with you!
    I am in love with your darling hearts...and such pretty fabric too! I love Valentine's day...I like to decorate a little too, but usually I am busy getting things ready for my dear Mom who celebrates her birthday on February 14th too! {{smiles}}
    Enjoy the chilly weather...sending hugs and sunshine from very sunny South Africa!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely Gorgeous Linda, I love that the ribbon matches the flowers on the fabric and the pink paper flowers match the background of the fabric, always lovely with lace too :) Yes I do have a few decorations I put out for Valentine's day.
    We have been blessed with a few days this winter that were way above the normal and I so appreciate those days, helps to get you through those frigid days easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Finally getting a chance to reply! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I do like to have decorations too, it's such a pretty holiday! (pink, red, lace, more lace!) We are having some colder weather right now and I am cold to the bone again! Thankfully spring is right around the corner or two.....;)
      Enjoy your weekend Connie!

      Delete
  6. Awe your little hearts are adorable. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Cindy! I appreciate your visit and sweet reply! Happy weekend!Linda

      Delete
  7. Linda, I have tried to find an email for you but couldn't find a link anywhere, I would like to send you a card, if you would like one, please email me your mailing address. Thanks, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a tree decorated with lots of red for Valentine's Day. I need to find time to make more decorations. Today I made soap with friends.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a tree to decorate for Valentine's Day. My mom has a small lit tree that she plans to decorate in red and pink. We all need more time in the day so we have time to make more decorations!!! Thank you for stopping by! Have a nice weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Thanks Linda. I replied to your comment on my blog. Here it is again:

      Hi Linda,

      Thanks so much for dropping in! Linda, there are lots of great printable labels on Pinterest. I was in a hurry and not feeling all that creative when I did mine. I just had a big job and wanted it done! I took some leftover adhesive mailing labels, wrote the name of the product, and cut it small to put it on my jar. I may go back at some point and re-label when I feel more creative. I have some pretty ones on my Pinterest printables board.
      https://www.pinterest.com/harvestlane/printables/


      Thanks for "talking back" at Harvest Lane Cottage. Do you know that your comments come through to my email as a "no reply blogger"? If you'd like to get direct responses to your comments more often, you might like to know how to change that. I wrote about it in this blog post.

      http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2015/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

      If you're like me, you don't have time to go back and check on other blogs to see if you've gotten a response to your comment. I sometimes can take time to track down commenters, but I'm usually short on time.

      ஐღLauraღஐ
      Harvest Lane Cottage
      ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
      on a short shoestring budget!
      ~~~~~
      Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete