Monday, July 25, 2016

Shabby Angel Garland


Angel Garland hanging on my hutch

Happy Monday everyone! I confess to not getting a whole lot of sleep last night so pardon me if I seem a little loopy. I stayed up late putting this angel garland together and then when I finally went to bed, (close to midnight) I did not sleep well. I was wide awake at 3:45 am and at 4:00 am I decided I was just going to get up. So I did. According to my fit bit, I got about 4 hours and 34 minutes of sleep. Yawn.....

So you can understand my frustration when my fit bit asked me if I wanted to take it for a walk early this morning. My first thought was;  "yes, let's walk to the nearest cliff and toss you over!" Of course I didn't and it is safely wrapped around my wrist.

Back to my angel garland.....


I have wanted to try a garland using my angel ornaments for a long time. I decided last night that I was just going to give it a try......At first I had less strips and more twine showing but it wasn't doing anything for me. Then I added more strips of torn fabric, tulle, lace and silk sari ribbon and shirred it all together much closer to the angels. Then my garland and I finally made that love connection! I took it all over my house and hung it here and there and it looked sweet everywhere that I hung it.


The two angels are identical or as identical as handmade can be.....





I especially loved the look after I added some wide lace to the other fabric strips....a little texture goes a long way!


You can see the lace better in this photo.



Although I love the way my garland turned out, I think I may add a few more strips of tulle and lace to each section to add a bit more fullness.

There, now that I have completed the design of my garland, I can move on to making the next one. The first one always takes the longest and in this case I lost sleep over it too. No worries, I'll make up for it tonight......Have a great week!


UPDATE: 7/26/2016

As I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to add more strips of lace, tulle, etc to my garland.


So I added an additional strip of lace, tulle and torn cotton to each section until I was satisfied with the fullness.


Next I added a torn cotton strip bow to each end of the garland. I made certain to leave plenty of extra twine at the ends for hanging.


There, now I am completely satisfied. It is now as I imagined it.


Linking up with:



Apple Apricot's Simply Neutrals #28