Saturday, December 3, 2016

Skating Children--Take Two


These three little Victorian children have skated right into my heart....as I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to try and make an ornament using this very sweet image.The first one I created is the one with the ivory cotton lace ruffle. I wasn't sure where I was going with this design-wise but I did know that I wanted these ornaments to be one-of-a-kind.


These are medium to large sized ornaments compared to some tree ornaments I hang on my tree. They measure approximately 5"x 4", though the lace on the ornament pictured above extends slightly over the edges making the dimensions closer to 6" x 5". They look beautiful on a tree, and would also make a nice decorative piece hanging from a peg or doorknob....


This one has a vintage lace hanger and a tulle bow.


The second one turned out well, and it has crinkled bias tape bows, some braided trim and a vintage lace hanger. A little heart button was added in the corner.


Here it hangs from the door of my hutch.


Here is the third one....... I really like this one a lot. But then again I have a hankering for doilies....I'm told that not everyone does....can you even imagine?


Yes, this is definitely my favorite.....so I decided to make a similar one to send off to a friend of mine...


.......and now I have a new favorite! I love the vintage lace on this one and how they look together. It's a lot like creating a collage which I have always love to do. Could there be anything more gratifying then collaging with lace?  Although that was a rhetorical question, if I were to answer it, the answer would be no!


I hope I can get my hands on some more of this lace. It came in a bag of lace remnants and there was only a little bit of this particular ecru lace, about a 1/2 yard. I love it!


I have now made two bags and four pillow ornaments from this image. I also printed tags for each item using the same image printed on card stock and outlined with gold glitter paint. It adds a nice touch either attached to the pillow or bag with a pin or used as a gift tag or gift enclosure card.


I have really enjoyed creating these charming little ornaments and I hope that I can find time to make one for my own Christmas tree. I also have purchased some new graphics and I am looking forward to using them on future projects, so stay tuned!

Oh my! It's after midnight and I have to get up early tomorrow so I will say goodnight and wish all of you a wonderful weekend. It's going to be a cold one especially on Sunday but I have lots of craft fairs to go to and a cookie swap to attend so I won't even notice the weather! Night friends!


***Image by FrenchPaperMoon***

19 comments:

  1. The lace and crochet compliments this image SO much! Just gorgeous! You've really found something beautiful to make for gifts. Enjoy your weekend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      Thank you Diane! I enjoyed making these little pillow ornaments! Have a few more to make, they are a bit time consuming but in a fun way! Hope you are having a nice weekend....Hugs,
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Oh Linda, the ornaments are just soooo darling! I'm in love with their vintage look and all the embellishments. I'm a doily and lace lover, myself, so they just touch my heart. You do such beautiful work, and I'm always impressed with your creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kitty! I have had the craziest week, just so busy....these were fun to work on and gave me a break from the crazy stuff!!! Regarding the printing on fabric, it's very easy!!! If you can put paper through a printer and print, you can do the same with fabric....I'll explain more later...have a nice Sunday! xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Linda.
    Happy Weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, thank you! Sweet of you to drop by! Hope you had a nice party!
      Hugs,
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Your three creations are exquisite, Linda. Are there really people out there who don't love doilies....really?? Unimaginable!! =) You always add such gorgeous details to everything you make. It sounds as if you are going to have a wonderful Sunday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, these ornaments are adorable and I am so in love with them. Your designs using this graphic is outstanding. I can see you're having fun too. Beautiful work as always!! Have a nice weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste for your kind words! Thanks for the visit too! I know how busy you are! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! xp
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Hi Linda, I hope you've had a fun day at the craft fairs and cookie swap! Your new ornaments are darling. And oh do I wish I'd held on to the doilies I used to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena,
      So nice to hear from you....I must go and see if you have a new post up! I did have a fun day at the craft fair today with my mom and a friend. Got some new ideas too! tomorrow is the swap, looking forward to that. Baked 9 dozen cookies to take! I know, hindsight....there are so many things I wish I had kept....though I do have a nice collection of doilies! Love them! Have a nice Sunday!

      Delete
  7. Oh, oh, OH! What beauty, my friend! You certainly have been busy {{smiles}} Your creations are beautiful, romantic, and whimsical...LOVE THEM!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thank you my friend! I appreciate your visit and kind words during this busy holiday season. Hope all is well with you and your family! Visited your mom's blog yesterday! have a good week!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  8. Those are darling! I really like how you used the doily on the one you love best. Yes, I have heard rumors about those who don't like doilies. They are actually quite vocal and that would be fine if they did not also demean those of us who do like...love them, as if their tastes are superior. LOL! Happy Advent season...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all, you have a wonderful way of embellishing with your laces and doilies.... no I can't imagine someone not loving doilies :) These will be wonderful gifts for your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! Love the image and the lovely way you prettied it up with the embellishments. The recipients will adore these! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been so slow getting around to reading blogs, and I so apologize! Such delightful charming beautiful little pillows you have created! I have never tried to do graphic to fabric transfer, it sounds quite intriguing to try. I have recently met a neighbor who loves to craft, and she and I are going to try to get together during the winter to craft. I am going to save this idea, for it looks like just the perfect fun craft to do together in an afternoon. Your creations always amaze me, you really are so skilled with that needle and thread! Hugs to you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whenever my husband wants to tease me about decorating, or tries to describe something he has no clue about, he always says it's 'doilies'. Don't even. lol

    Your creations, as always, are just exquisite.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet Linda. Has a little bit of Victorian flair to it. :)

    ReplyDelete