Thursday, September 1, 2016

Welcome September!



Welcome September! I'm so glad you have arrived! Is anyone else getting excited for fall? I sure am! I'm already dreaming of pumpkin bread, pumpkin spiced lattes and all of the beautiful colors of the season!

Though I've made no bones about my dislike of freezing temperatures, it has been a very hot and humid summer, so I am looking forward to some cooler weather and even some crispy cool mornings!

With fall approaching, my mother has been wanting to find a pretty fall wreath for her front door. We used to have several shops in the area that made or stocked beautiful dried flower wreaths but they are hard to find now. We looked in Target and Kohls and everywhere locally we could think of. We also looked online but they run about $65 and up and that doesn't include shipping. Many were much larger than what my mom was looking for. So while at Joanne's the other day, we were looking at the flowers and various fall wreaths etc and decided to purchase the materials and put one together ourselves. My mom picked out some floral supplies and ribbon,


I headed out to her house the next afternoon armed with my glue gun, several glue sticks, some wire, and my wire cutters and in less than 10 minutes we had this 14" wreath together for less than $15.00. The ribbon was the most expensive item and I had a 40% coupon for that.


It is now proudly hanging on her front door and my mom is very happy with her little DIY (or in our case, DIO--do it ourselves) fall wreath.


I think I will run back to Joanne's and get some supplies for my own wreath. I love the colors and the ivory, wired burlap ribbon makes such an easy bow. I think it says "WELCOME", don't you?

Welcome September! Come on in!

Linking up with:



Hostess this week: Laura from Décor to Adore  Click here!

16 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful wreath. I need to visit JoAnn's too. I am with you I am glad this hot and humid summer will be over. I am so ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would your mom want to buy a wreath when she has such a clever daughter to fashion her one! Your wreath is exquisite, Linda. Those flowers are so pretty and I love what you have done with the ribbon. This wreath makes such a welcoming and elegant entrance to the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Summer must have been the worst in history for humidity all over the U.S. we have just about wilted!
    Today we woke up to the 70's with a just a whisper of dry air and my are we thankful:)
    Such a pretty wreath and the ribbon is perfectly lovely!
    xoxo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September, my friend! The wreath you made is simply lovely and so perfect for the delightful autumn days. As I type this it's raining outside and very cool...it feels like fall {{smiles}}

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear Linda. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is simply gorgeous, darling Linda, thank you for sharing it with us !
    I also love Fall so much, but here in Northern Italy September still means Summer till its end, so ... I'm dreaming about Fall with your words and with your lovely images, thank you sweetie !

    Hope you're having a beautiful Sunday I'm sending blessings of joy on your coming week

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is prettier than anything I've seen online. I love the colors and the ribbon! I'm so ready for autumn...we worked outside yesterday in our backyard and on our patio and deck and I almost had a heatstroke! :/

    (But that didn't stop me from drinking a pumpkin spice latte....)

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    I sure love it! What a beautiful "DIO" creation!
    Yes, that bow really sets it off; so striking against
    the gorgeous Fall colors~
    Thanks for the inspiration : ) & wishing you a great week.
    Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I just had to pop over and tell you how much I love this wreath! It's perfect and I know your mom must be really happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wreath is so pretty. Loving the bow addition. Beautiful fall colors to enjoy this season and the satisfaction from your creation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You couldn't have bought anything better and to have made it together makes it that much more special :) You did a great job with that bow too, love that color burlap with the pretty flowers! Yes I am getting excited about fall and will be getting out my decorations as soon as I have everything back to normal now that I am home from our vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Linda,
    I see you have posted so much, while I was away, from blogland, because of moving house. Now we are almost in place, and I can again use time here, with my friends. I love both your wonderful pumpkins, and the gorgeous autumn wreath !! Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wreath put together by you and your mom turned out so pretty, Linda. I'm sure that it's much prettier than anything that you could've bought pre made, and you can't beat the price! Happy September to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda, this is such a beautiful wreath and I love the fall flower colors with the light ribbon. You girls did an amazing job and it looks gorgeous on the color of her door. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    Hugs for a great week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom doesn't need to buy a wreath! Not ever! Doesn't she know her daughter is a wreath maker extraordinaire, who fashions lovely items to perfection, with beautiful coordinating colors, perfectly placed flowers, and pretty ribbon? Well, I suppose she does now :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your coined term "DIO"... so wonderful that you and your mother could make this lovely wreath yourselves! I adore that white burlap ribbon too! I just dug out some of my fall decor, and need to get it put out. We are enjoying much cooler weather here... I think fall is going to be pushed out of the way soon for winter, lol! Trust that you are having a blessed and wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am excited for the season too! Happy Fall ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete