Monday, August 8, 2016

Turkey Teriyaki Burgers



Hello folks! Tonight we made turkey teriyaki burgers for supper. They are so easy and so delicious that I thought I would share this very easy recipe with you while we still have some grilling days left this summer.

First make your patties from ground turkey. Marinate for a half hour or longer if you have time in your favorite teriyaki marinade. I only marinated for the 1/2 hour and I found it plenty flavorful. While marinating, slice onion, green peppers, garlic and baby portobello mushrooms and saute them in some olive oil. I like my veggies still a bit crispy so I did not overcook.


 Once done, add a little marinade to the vegetables and keep on low heat while burgers are grilling.


When burgers are done, add a slice of swiss cheese and melt. Remove from grill, put on a bun and top with the veggies.



Enjoy! So delicious! I used a light bread instead of a hamburg bun. I am presently following the Weight Watcher's diet plan and I cheat enough as it is so I saved 40 calories by using the reduced calorie bread.

I joined Weight Watcher's because I never lost the winter weight I gained two winters ago....yes two winters ago! We had the winter from h-e-l-l and it pretty much lasted half a year so I kept on cooking comfort foods and followed all my blogging friends' delicious recipes. I know, you didn't force me to try your recipes but if you flaunt an easy peasy, ooey gooey caramel recipe in front of me, you just  know that I'm going to try it.

Let me tell you Weight Watcher's is not as easy to follow or lose weight with as it was 20 years ago. It has been a struggle for me but I am happy to report that I have lost 7 lbs. I've been on the diet for 7 weeks. Twenty years ago I lost 7 lbs the very first week!  So while I am not losing the weight nearly as fast, it is finally coming off very slowly and hey.....I'm not gaining!

In other news......I have been working on some new angels for my Etsy shop. I thought I would try a little color for a change. I wasn't sure I was going to like them but I did and now that is all I can think about.......angels in every color....


I made a lavender angel first. I had a fat quarter that really wasn't enough to make anything else with so I decided to use that fabric first. It came out really, really cute! So I made two more and used up most of that fat quarter! I fell in love with my little lavender angels.


Next came the kiwi lime angels. They turned out pretty cute too. I made five of them! Then I stitched up a little gift tag and embellished it with lace, fabric, ribbon etc. The tag adds a "boutiquey" touch for a sweet presentation as a gift.


I took a break from the colored angels today and stitched/crafted a larger version of my angel ornament in ivory. I found a package of two doll pins with a larger head at a craft store but haven't seen any since. They were pretty pricey considering there were only two in a package so I will have to research a source to find them because I really do like the larger size.


I used some cotton lace that I found in an antique shop. It was flat lace but I gathered it on the sewing machine and it worked very well.


I added tulle under her bow and a couple of pearl beads.


Her wings are two layer of tulle with a top layer of lace.


I photographed her before I added a little cream bow to the right corner of her dress, just above her lace ruffle.


Overall, she is a bit wider and taller and of course has a larger head. She is very sweet!


Well, that's all for tonight friends! Hope everyone's week started off on a positive note! Mine sure did, it was a gorgeous day here in NH, sunny, warm and no humidity--just my kind of day. Hoping tomorrow is the same......

7 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, Oh my goodness!! it's not even 8am and those burgers are calling for dinner tonight. They look delish. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes on the WW plan. I know it's not easy but still the best out there for eating and losing using real food. 30 years ago I did the quick start program and it really works. I still have the menus and follow them now and then when I need to drop a few pounds.
    LOVE your angels in colors. Your creativity is showing through once again as you design these pretties. Your larger angel is adorable too. I've never seen the larger pins. Hope you can find more in your area or on line.
    Have a great day and blessings to you.
    Smiles, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turkey teriyaki burger looks so tasty, Linda! How wonderful that you've lost 7 pounds in 7 weeks!! I think that's fantastic!!
    Your angels are just so darling, and the lavender and kiwi colors are so sweet. I do love your ivory ones, too. Your creativity is just amazing, and your passion for making these dear angels just shines through. Enjoy your week, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender angels...how pretty! I love the one with the crochet lace too. And the burger looks wonderful. I was wondering what kind of cheese you used...I know I would like it! I'm trying to skip the bread altogether when I can. I had gained a few pounds too but I've lost them now. Of course...keeping them off is always a challenge too! It's hard, the older you get. (I mean ME! lol) Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your looks too delicious to be a diet food! Peppers, onions and mushrooms cooking is a favorite scent of mine. Eating healthy takes a lot of planning, doesn't it? I'm struggling with that. I do so much better when there are plenty of fresh vegetables on hand. It is only when the fridge gets bare that I end up eating junk. Best of luck to you with WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sure sounds good, I have never thought to add a marinade to my turkey burgers, and the toppings sound delicious, will have to try this soon :) Your colorful angles are just gorgeous, and I like the ivory one with the bigger head, you do such a beautiful job with these :)
    Good luck on your new eating plan. We tried the Daniel Plan and I lost 7 pounds the first 10 days but that's because you were to detox your body by eating no sugar, wheat or dairy, then you could add them one at a time every three days, it was to see if any of those items effect your body. I lost a total of 73 pounds but sad to say last fall when we went on vacation it was so hard to follow the plan and we have been slowly going back to bad eating and I have gained some of it back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet friend! How in the world did I miss this post?? Forgive me for being so late to visit you. Your little angels get more beautiful with each one, dear friend. They are so sweet and unique. I just love ivory and lace one - very feminine and elegant :)

    Your burger looks amazing! Now you have my mouth watering for a burger at 7:50 in the morning {{smiles}} Have a splendid week. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lovely Lady,
    Congrats on the weight loss! Love this recipe too-looks and sounds so yummy.
    Your creativity always inspires me and I adore your angels in all fabrics, and colors.
    xoxo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete