Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Vintage Rose Tote



Good evening friends! I completed another large tote bag yesterday using a graphic that I purchased online at ArtCult (an Etsy Shop) Click here  and I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  I used lots of pretty vintage laces, some pieces of crocheted doilies, buttons, pink embroidery floss, and of course the lovely vintage rose graphic.

I have been experimenting with using graphics and truly I have realized that it opens up a whole world for me! It's both fun and exciting and soon I hope to share some other projects I have been working on that involve graphics being transferred to fabric and other materials. 


This rose graphic transferred perfectly. I printed this onto a purchased 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of fabric and printed onto it using my HP printer. I then fused backing onto it that allowed me to iron it directly on to the front of the bag and then I appliqued the graphic using a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. The stitching is all hidden by lots of beautiful vintage lace.



Here you can see a close up of the lace, buttons and small doily.


.....and here is a close up of the bottom. 


I used a small rose print fabric that I purchased online at Moona Fabrics (another Etsy Shop Click here ) for the inside pocket and the backside of the handles. 



I thoroughly enjoyed creating this Vintage Rose totebag. It took me quite a long time to get the lace placement just the way I wanted it. I have a rather large stash of lace to work with and believe me when I say that I tried many, many different lace combinations. After a while of trying this and that, I became a frustrated at the length of time it was taking me to make a choice ..... and then finally these pieces of perfectly aged, creamy lace, along with the little doily pieces emerged as the winning combination.  It is as I imagined. I love it when that happens!


Enjoy the rest of the week! Good night friends!



Linking up with these parties....









Hosted this week by Jemma at At home with Jemma

19 comments:

  1. Very beautiful bag!!! I love it so much! The lace and the rose picture look great together! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your playing with "this and that" has eventuated into the most gorgeous of tote bags! It is a vision splendid, Linda. The graphic is so pretty....'tis perfect. You do fashion the prettiest of pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Linda, I simply love this tote, too. I really, really want to try this technique. You embellished the design perfectly with your pretty lace and trims. I also love the print that you chose for the underside of the handles and the lining. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I adore your gorgeous tote. So beautiful with the pretty rose and all the lovely details you add. The lining is so pretty too and enhances the graphic. Your are such a talent and I love everything you create.
    Have a great weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just see you playing with your stash of lace trying to find the right piece in order for your creation to come out just as you in-visioned, and beautiful it is. The rose is stunning, quite eye catching I must say, and goes nicely with the lining.

    So nice to come for a visit and see your loveliness, Linda.

    Have a beautiful and blessed day~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so charmed by this bag of yours, dearest Linda, this is truly a work of art which won my heart, thank you for sharing it with us !

    Hope you're having a beautiful week, I'm sending blessings to you

    Xx - Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda....I agree with Dany - I, too, am charmed by this bag :) Your creations are always, always, always gorgeous, but this one is my FAVORITE! The rose, the lace, the buttons, everything is perfect. Beautiful job, my friend.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, but who wouldn't?! It's so beautiful and charming. You must be very proud of the amazing work you do Linda!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous! I'm off to put it in my favs if it's still there! I'm sure it will sell fast. We ALL love it! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Linda the tote is adorable! I love it. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty tote! Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, this is lovely. I enjoy totes so much.
    Thank you for joining Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda,
    I love all of your totes, but this is my all time favorite!! Any woman would enjoy having this beauty.
    Truly all of your sewn pieces are works of art, that most of us do not have the talent to make.
    I am so pleased that you shared this with us at TOHOT. Sharing this one too, my sweet friend.
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my I will have to say I love this one even more, Love the rose graphic and your layering of lace is just lovely and the buttons add a lovely touch to it also, Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow! This is such a pretty project. I love the graphics you used and the tiny rose print for the liner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when something very useful is also beautiful! You've definitely checked off both of those boxes with your tote. Pinned twice. :)

    Happy Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your rose tote bag is so pretty and feminine. The time you took to choose the lace sure payed off. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello dear Linda, first of all a BIG thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :) Your bag is sooo beautiful!! The beautiful Rose is really an eye catcher. And combined with the yummy laces and fabrics you used, it's just gorgeous! Sending you big hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is absolutely lovely!!! And the pillow behind it is gorgeous, too. I am an avid sewer so I know how much work goes into there things. Well done.

    ReplyDelete