Thursday, April 28, 2016

Every Time a Bell Rings....


Good evening friends! Have you been hearing bells ringing? Since my angel post on Tuesday, (here),  two more angels have gotten their wings and although they are pretty labor intensive, I think they just may be my favorite thing to make. Since I do not work with a pattern, they are seldom ever the same size and details are generally different. So this post is just to highlight some of the pretty lacy details of all three.....


The white one on the right was the second angel to be completed. Her gown and ruffles are made from repurposing a vintage table runner. I removed the lace to use the fabric for her gown and then added the lace as a ruffle at the bottom and around her neck.



A better look.....


This canvas tag was first covered with a piece of stretch lace I had in my stash.  It is machine stitched (zig zag), then the stamped words, buttons and lace scraps were added.



This little lady is my favorite so far. She has a wide lace ruffle and lots of other lacy details....you know I love lace!


Lots and lots of lace!


Her sari ribbon-wrapped halo is sweet. Her ribbon at her neckline is also sari ribbon and I love the way the silk frays. Such a shabby sweet look.....


I really enjoyed creating this angelic trio. The entire designing process is so much fun when you love the colors, textures, and materials you are working with. Also, it appears that my love for neutrals is running rampant these days. Neutrals seem to soothe the soul.....at least they do for me. But neutrals AND lace--now that's just heaven!

"Earth's crammed with heaven. But only he who sees, takes off his shoes."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

14 comments:

  1. I just love your angels. They are so adorable and the tags you made are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. I always appreciate your kind words. Have a lovely weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. You can just tell how much you enjoy creating your beautiful angels, Linda. All the fabrics, lace, trims, and special touches show the love that's included with each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty! They are a labor of love for sure! I do enjoy making them despite the fact that they are so time consuming. Hope you have a nice weekend dear friend!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, your angels are incredibly adorable. Like you, I love all things lace too. You just have a way of making everything gorgeous and unique. These angels are beautiful and the added tags make them extra special.
    Have a great weekend. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Celeste,
      Thank you for stopping by and for leaving such kind words. You are always so supportive and your comments are so uplifting! I appreciate your visits and comments very much my friend!!! Hoping your weekend has gotten off to a great start and that your weather has improved. I've been thinking of all my blogging friends in Texas. Stay safe! Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. They are just beautiful and I so agree with you the combo of neutrals and lace is a wonderful thing :) And you use the lace just wonderfully, great job on them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Connie,
      I chuckled this morning when I read your comment regarding the neutral colors. It reminded me of something my husband said to me last night while I was uploading photos to my latest post. He said, "you need to make something with a little more color!" Lol, it made me laugh! I don't think he gets the neutral thing at all. Thank you for agreeing with me!! That's what friends are for!!! Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Dearest Linda,
    These are the sweetest of the sweet and you know that I adore my pretty Angel:)
    These little ones are extra special with the tags and perfect for the Spring season of baby showers, bridal showers and of course Mother's Day.
    Thank you sweet Linda, for sharing these with us at TOHOT.
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.My.Word.!! Gorgeousness Linda~ Am so glad I could see this angelic trio. I sooo enjoy your creativity Linda! All those neutral laces a a piece of heaven for sure. I like those halo's! : ) but truly, I just love everything~ My goodness I like those tags! so clever and sweet. Thanks for sharing! Bless you, Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your angels are so lovely and sweet. I love the neutral colors and lace you used to create them. The tags are a special touch making your angels just the perfect gift. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my sweetness these are precious! I am a bit late to the TOHOT party due to my college semester finals but I'm so glad that I didn't miss this. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so charming and lovely. The neutral colors and lace are beautiful, and I love the tags. This looks like such an enjoyable and peaceful project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, neutrals and lace... a combo made in heaven for sure! Your angels are darling, and each one is so special and unique!

    ReplyDelete