Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Baby Shower Centerpieces--Aqua and Coral


I recently attended a baby shower and these were the centerpieces on the tables. Aren't they just the cutest! I cannot take an ounce of credit for these cuties!! They were created by Lisa. (sister-in-law to my daughter Jenn) They are both going to be aunties to identical twin girls some time in April! How exciting is that!


This is a great recycling project. She used glass peanut butter jars and painted them this lovely shade of vintage blue. She purchased the little owl shaped wooden cut outs from ETSY, painted them gold and added a touch of coral to some of them.....so, so cute! (and so much peanut butter had to be consumed!!! LOL!)


You can imagine my delight when I was given a couple to take home! The coral roses were so fragrant.....the babies breath was so robust!


So pretty!


I love the color combination! I also love owls!!


I think Lisa did a wonderful job creating these little floral centerpieces for her sister's owl-themed baby shower. Lisa is thinking of starting a craft blog. I told her that when she does I will provide you all with a link to her blog so you can check out her creative works of art! I am already a fan!


"A wise old owl lived in an oak,
The more he saw, the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why can't we be like that wise bird?"

J. D. Rockefeller


12 comments:

  1. Linda,
    These mason jars are over the top adorable.
    The color combination is so appealing and eye catching and of course I am very charmed by these owls.
    Pinned this too!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemma! Yes, they really are so cute! They caught my eye the minute I walked into the room! I love the color combination too! Thanks for stopping by to check them out! Have a great weekend! xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Such pretty centerpieces, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Yes, it's an idea I will definitely use! Loved the way they looked on the tables! Thanks for visiting!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I loved them too. Thank you for stopping by to take a peak!
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Really pretty vases and arrangements! One of my little granddaughters loves owls too. Well, who doesn't?

    So the little twins will be here before long? How exciting that will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena,
      I've always been fond of owls too! They are on my long list of things that I would like to make. Yes, the twins will be born in April. What fun their families will have once they arrive. By the looks of all the beautiful clothes received as shower gifts, they will be the best dressed babies in town! Hope all is well!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, LOVE these darling centerpieces from the peanut butter jars!! So adorable and elegant at the same time. Love the theme, color and the fresh style. I can easily see all sorts of tied on pieces from shells to hearts and letters. This is a grand project. Best of luck to your friend and her craft blog. When she opens I would love to visit. The owl poem is too cute. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day special Valentine's this weekend and stay warm. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celestina,
      Thank you! Yes, all kinds of ideas come to mind and I never really thought about using peanut butter jars. I am going to be the biggest junk collector ever. I've already started saving cans....now jars too! But I really love the whole idea of recycling these items. I will let you know when she starts her blog! Have a lovely weekend yourself! Happy Valentine's Day!!! xoxo Linda
      ps loved the FB picture of you all sitting at the table!!! What a nice gathering of blogging friends!

      Delete
  6. Peanut butter jars! Who knew! I just love that idea of painting them and decorating them for centerpieces, so fun! I would be interested in following Lisa's blog as well, so do tell us when she jumps into the fun times :) And the great little owl poem... such a great truth in that one!

    Speaking of twins - how exciting! We have two sets of girl twins in our family as well (my sister and brother each have a set of girl twins), and what fun it has been with them!

    Enjoyed this post Linda, and glad to be here visiting with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      Thank you for dropping by....you've left so many nice comments! I am happy that you visited too! I am still very busy with family obligations right now but still trying to pop in on friends and insert a new post every now and then when I can find some time! Sure miss everyone!

      Wow, two sets of twins in your family! That's interesting and I bet they are loads of fun!

      I will definitely let you know when Lisa begins blogging! Thanks again for dropping by!!!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete