Sunday, October 4, 2015

Vintage Delight


Bag of goodies

I went on a quest to find some vintage laces and fabrics over the weekend and stopped at an antique barn in Vermont that I have never stopped at before. It looks a bit uninviting from the outside so we have passed it by on other trips through the town. For some reason this time I asked my husband to turn around so we could stop there and I am so glad I did. I will definitely be going back there again!

See that bag full of goodies above? Let me show you what's in there! I apologize for the lighting. It was a very bright, beautiful sunny day!


First let me show you this broomstick lace throw! It is beautiful creamy off white! It caught my eye within seconds of walking into the barn. It is in mint condition!.......and it gets better!


There were two! I knew I was not leaving the shop without these beauties! They are very large and no pulls, snags, holes or stains! I did a little happy dance!

Then I found lace! Lots of lace trimming!


There are several yards of this pale pink lace, and it is gorgeous! I snatched that right up!


This photo shows the actual color of the lace better. It is a lovely pale pink!


Then there was this piece of white gathered lace. There is about 2 yards. It will be perfect for my angel ornaments! So pretty!


I found this pretty piece of ecru lace which is absolutely beautiful! It has large roses on it!


This is another bunch of ecru ruffled lace. There is several yards here!


....and here is some off white cotton flat lace trim that I can use for many of my sewing projects.


I am loving my lace purchases and the beautiful cotton lace throws are just the icing on my lace cake! Tomorrow I am going to gently launder my throws. Then I am just going to stare at them!


LINKING UP WITH:


8 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, it's a good thing you turned around and went into the antique barn because you sure found some lovely treasures!! I'm sure you'll find wonderful uses for all your laces and the throws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty,
      Yes I am happy that we turned back!!! I cant wait to go back! There were lots of things I liked and the prices were right! I already have thoughts as to how I can use this lace! :)
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Wow good thing you decided to give the place a look even though it didn't look to inviting! You found some lovely laces there and how wonderful the throws were in such great shape too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      I washed up the throws and they are so fluffy! I love them! I must stop judging the book by the cover! This place is a diamond in the rough! Thanks for stopping by!!!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Beautiful throw and I am drooling over the lace!!! So glad you decided to stop and go in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia,
      Yes, the lace is pretty! The pink is my favorite and there is so much of it!!! I am glad I went in too. Sometimes you hit the jackpot in places that you least expect to find something. It was a good day!!!
      Linda

      Delete
  4. I get so excited when I find vintage lace! Yours are gorgeous and that antique barn sounds like a real treasure. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Betsy, I do too! I found another large bag of lace today. This was older lace and mostly ecru and boy was there ever a lot in there! I had such fun going through it all! Thanks for stopping by!
      LInda

      Delete