Friday, September 4, 2015

All This Talk of Pumpkins AND a Teacup & Mug Exchange



This morning I worked on an off white version of my pumpkin. (Yesterday's Pumpkin Post) I want to use pumpkins at all the place settings on Thanksgiving so I am trying to decide if I want all white or a combination of white and orange.....I think I may want to use both colors. I am trying some other colors as well. I have plenty of time to decide......

This particular pumpkin measures approximately 5.5" across at the widest point and is the perfect size to sit on a dinner plate. Including the stem it is about 4" high


I love this little pumpkin but something tells me that the male dinner guests may wonder why I have placed a white, lacy pumpkin at their place settings. My husband already questions why I make white, lacy placemats that I don't allow him to use......

I cut out the pieces for a couple more white pumpkins.


Then I decided to head out to my kitchen to bake.


All this talk about pumpkins had me obsessing about pumpkin bread. So I stopped cutting out fabric pumpkins and made some pumpkin bread! The recipe I used is the absolute best pumpkin bread recipe I have ever made and I have tried plenty, believe me!

The recipe can be found HERE in an older blog post of mine. This recipe does not call for cloves, but I usually add 1 tsp of cloves and  almost always double the measurements for the other spices. I love cinnamon and nutmeg!!! I have also added toppings, substituted olive oil for the oil (though this time I used canola), and used half brown sugar instead of all white sugar. I have even substituted whole wheat flour and it came out very good, a bit denser but still very flavorful. It seems to me that it may not have risen as high as usual but it did not affect the taste whatsoever.

Today I made it just as the recipe reads, except I added cloves. Not only did my house smell divine, it was mighty tasty too! I took a loaf out to my parents, tossed one in the freezer and the other one I cut into immediately after it had cooled. YUM!

While it was baking I played with my pumpkins.....again.




Maybe the solid orange pumpkins will be a good choice for the gentlemen at my dinner table.







Tomorrow I will stitch up some more. They are so much fun to make and embellish. They are very cute too!

Now I think I will go make myself a cup of tea and snack on a slice of pumpkin bread! I probably shouldn't snack at this hour but I'm going to anyways!

Are you doing anything special for the long holiday? Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Goodnight friends!

PS Before I forget.....

Click on the image for sign up details.

 I would like to mention that Stephanie (The Enchanting Rose) is hosting the teacup/mug swap again. For more information, see the link on my sidebar or follow the link above to Stephanie's lovely blog and look for the link on her sidebar. The swap is a lot of fun, you don't have to have a blog to participate (although you do need to go to her blog and register) and it is such a nice way to make new friends! My teacup collection is growing and I love participating. Please head on over there and check it out!

Linking up with:

Snickerdoodle Party Button New

The Enchanting Rose


Rooted In Thyme


19 comments:

  1. Oooh...You have me wanting to bake some pumpkin bread, Shame on you!! :-)
    Tomorrow I hope to get some zucchini bread baked. The crop is quite bountiful in our garden.

    I think your choice of pumpkin for the gentlemen is perfect.
    I bet your table setting will be gorgeous, Linda!

    Many blessings~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Well I hope so! I like my table to look pretty especially on holidays! I made some zucchini bread a couple of weeks ago. It was delicious too! I love zucchini cooked in many other ways too such as in lasagna or grilled with some other seasonal veggies! Enjoy your garden's bounty! Hope you get your zucchini bread baked! :)
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Linda, Your little pumpkins are fabulous and I have to tell you, I smiled when you mentioned your husband not understanding why he could not use the lacy placement, as my husband, George, would be exactly the same.
    I have never made or tasted pumpkin bread. Is it a bread which is spread with butter before it is eaten, or is it eaten on its own. I thought I would check because it would be fun to bake this bread as I love baking foods which I have never made before.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne,
      So nice to hear from you! Thank you and it's nice to know other people can understand the importance of having things (placemats) that just can't be used!!! LOL! You should really try some pumpkin bread! It's delicious! YEs you can eat it alone, with butter, cream cheese, or cream cheese sweetened with a little maple syrup and add some walnuts--YUM! It can also be frosted with cream cheese frosting and eaten like cake. Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you like the spices, double up like I do except the cloves. Doubling cloves might be too much! Happy baking and thank you for stopping by. I must get over to your blog to check out photos from your trip if you've gotten them up! Looking forward to that!
      Take care,
      Linda

      Delete
  3. I'd really like to make some of the lacy pumpkins! They are simply gorgeous! Put one of those at my place setting. heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Diane! You should whip one up! Making stuffies is really your thing! You are so good at it! Our table is pretty crowded but I can always make room for more!!!! LOL! Just need a bigger table and a bigger house!!! Hope you are enjoying the weekend. It's beautiful here and very warm!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Linda, Your fabric pumpkins are adorable!!! I'm also thinking of pumpkin bread . . .at least now I am. lol Hope you have a fantastic holiday, and I would love it if you have a chance to pop over and share your adorable pumpkins with us at the Brag About It link party. I co-host this link party. It's a Tuesday link party, but the doors open Monday at midnight. Hope you can join us, I'd love to have you share your project with us!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lace pumpkins are so adorable!!! Believe me...I could smell pumpkin bread baking while I was reading your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...dear Linda! Your fabric pumpkins are just too darling for words... What beauty you create with your wonderfully talented hands... I love the lacy ones...how perfect they are going to look on your sweet Thanksgiving table! And hmm...that pumpkin bread not only sounds, but looks absolutely divine...I will have to remember it when Autumn comes around to our part of the world again...{{smiles}}
    And yes! I am simply thrilled about the coming tea cup exchange...I so enjoyed the last one! Ah, such delights!
    Have a pleasant weekend further...much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pumpkins are so pretty. I love the white lacy ones, though I can see that you might want to use the orange ones for your gentlemen guests. Thanks for sharing these at Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda
    Oh your little pumpkins are adorable - isn't it amazing what a little lace can do!
    These will be the perfect decoration for your thanksgiving table.
    I love visiting my bloggy friends blog posts at this time and seeing such inspiration.
    I'm looking forward to Stephanies tea cup exchange - it will be the third for me!
    It's such a lovely way to make new friends all over the world!
    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog - it was lovely to see you pop in!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree, the men might like the solid orange pumpkins. They are all very pretty. I have never tried pumpkin bread and can't really imagine what it would be like.
    Have a lovely week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,
    These are just stunning!! Thanks so much for following me and I have returned the favor!
    I am now working on some Fall projects even though it is still in the 90's here........

    I am so glad that you stopped by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a doll for mentioning the exchange....thank you, friend :)

    Okay, those are just the sweetest little pumpkins! I loved the orange ones from last week, but those lace ones....oh my! I am in love :) You make such wonderful things, dear Linda. Thank you for blessing us with your creativity. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pumpkins are gorgeous! And the cake looks so yummy. Coming over from Roses of Inspiration. Wishing you a beautiful day, Wen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping back by to let you know your lovely pumpkin is one of our features today at Snickerdoodle Sunday. I hope to see you there this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What darling little pumpkins you are making to grace your Thanksgiving table! You are so clever and creative, and each one is decorated so beautifully! Your Thanksgiving guests will be blessed to have one to take home... and I loved your placemats too, so pretty. Now, you have made me hungry for pumpkin bread! I agree that baking breads this time of year just warms the house and your heart... and having a cup of tea, and a nice slice of pumpkin bread fits the bill for this beautiful fall weather we are having! So nice to have met you dear Linda... have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda, your pumpkins are so cute. They will be darling on the Thanksgiving table. What a great idea. Oh my~~ your pumpkin bread looks divine. You have me wanting to bake now. What a great idea to freeze one as well. I like to do that when I make several of a recipe.
    Love your gorgeous placemats too. Every creation you do is so beautiful and one can see you put love into all your designs. Thank you for always inspiring and being a blessing.
    Have a great weekend and think fall!! Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, it's me back again. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. You always bless me with your visits. Hope you are having a great week and Happy Fall Tomorrow. Sending Hugs your way. cm

    ReplyDelete