Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Tote and Some Tomato Soup



My latest fall tote!

I found some orange floral print fabric at the store a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with it! I usually fall for smaller prints but this bolder, larger floral caught my eye. My thought as soon as I saw it was, "This would make such a pretty tote!" So I bought what was left on the bolt, maybe a yard-and-a-half. This fabric did not disappoint me!




I began this bag yesterday, cut out the pieces and did a little stitching but I had physical therapy yesterday and a bunch of errands to run after. So I did the bulk of the sewing today working around some typical catastrophes: the kind that happen when you have a very needy dog, (Ellie) who feels that she should be the focus of all my attention!

Besides running off with my pinking shears (cuz she knows I will come a running) and carrying a trashcan into my livingroom, she found a bee on the porch where I was sewing and thought it would make good snack food! It didn't! I had to call the vet and I was given instructions to give her some benadryl which luckily I had on hand and to keep an eye on her.

I kept a watchful eye on her for the first thirty minutes or so and then she ran into her crate on her own accord and fell promptly asleep! YES!



While she was napping, I got most of the tote bag sewn. I was really loving the way it was turning out and was anxious to get it completed. But dear Ellie woke up! My husband took her for her daily, good, long walk! YES!

I finished the bag at 2:30! I hadn't even stopped for lunch! I was starving!


Staying with the same color theme (totally coincidental) I opened a carton of my favorite tomato soup. I added a bit of grated cheddar, whole basil leaves and parsley, heated it up and tossed in a few giant, seasoned croutons!


It was so yummy! As I mentioned, it comes in a carton and it is Organic Creamy Tomato Soup by Pacific. I have always had a thing for tomato soup, though I tend to doctor it up a bit with seasonings, etc! It was a perfect, quick lunch this late in the afternoon!


So, despite some interruptions I was able to complete this pretty tote bag which was at the top of my to do list. I will be stitching up a set of zippered bags to coordinate with it before it hits my Etsy shop. I wish there had been more of this fabric on the bolt because I would have liked to made myself the same bag. I may take a peek online to see if I can find some more.


.....and now I will go give Ellie some much needed attention, although I just noticed she is resting quietly beside me after her long walk. Despite her shenanigans, especially when I am trying to accomplish something, she really is the sweetest dog and we love her so much!

HAPPY FALL! I hope you are all having a lovely day! It's cooler here and I am enjoying the first days of my favorite season of the year. The temperature is just so much more conducive to getting stuff done! Don't you agree?



Linking up with:

The Enchanting Rose


Epic Mommy Adventures


Across the Blvd

20 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! That is a pretty bag! I too like how the colors go so well for fall. I am really enjoying the cooler days. Hope your dog is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki,
      Thank you! Kind of you to stop by! I appreciate it! All this cooler weather has me thinking about you. (coats) I'll be in touch this week.... thanks again!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. What an adorable bag for fall! The fabric is perfect and you did a wonderful job sewing it up in a day!
    Ellie looks such a sweetie too!
    Hope you find some more of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine,
      Thank you! It is a miracle that I finished it today! Miss Ellie was really in need of my attention.....she got plenty later on! She is a sweetie, thanks!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Ellie is so precious!!! Thank God you only have one...I have two who must be with me at all times!!!

    I love your bag and the bright orange print is very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oliva,
      Lucky you! I wish I had another one! But she does keep us busy!!! Lots of fun! ....and thank you! The fabric is such a pretty shade of orange!!! Thank you for visiting me today.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. The print on that bag is puurrfect for Fall! (Love tomato soup)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doreen! Me too! Tomato is one of my favorite soups! thanks for dropping by!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Your tote is simply adorable, dear Linda! And aww! So is sweet Ellie! Hee, had to giggle at your description of your various distractions...{{Smiles}}
    And just adore the fabric you found...I am not typically a big fan of orange but this one is stunning!
    Have a delightfully creafty day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly-Anne,
      Thank you so much! Yes, Ellie is a sweet girl and she keeps us laughing for sure! She gets herself into trouble on a daily basis!
      Bet it is warming up nicely i your part of the world, just as we enter the cooler weather! Enjoy!....and have fun crafting and sewing!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Good morning, sweet friend! Your tote bag is oh-so-perfect for fall! I just love the bright orange and floral design.

    Your soup looks so yummy too. I think my little one and me might have to have some for lunch today since it's very cloudy and dreary here. I always love seeing your sweet self at Roses of Inspiration - thanks for linking up.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, Thank you, always a pleasure linking up to Roses of Inspiration! Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess! We had tomato soup for lunch today too. It was sunny here but cool in the 60's.
      Hope you have a sunnier day tomorrow! Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  7. What a darling tote bag! After all the hard work that you went to make this bag, and then with all sweet Ellie's distractions, it would be hard to part with it! I do hope you can find yourself some more of that fabric to make your own self one... and your tomato soup look delicious! It is always fun to spice things up, isn't it! Your sweet Ellie is just precious. Oh the antics of our animals! Our Annie-girl likes to eat bees too. She has never had a reaction to them though. A lovely post dear Linda, which I read while enjoying a cup of peach tea in my lovely new teacup :) I will be posting soon about my precious gift from you! Much love across the miles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you very much Marilyn! It's been a while since I made a tote. I may have just enough fabric left to make one for myself!

      So Annie eats bees too! Lol...My last dog chased and ate bees too! You would think after the first sting, they wouldn't go back for more. But no!

      Yum, peach tea, I love that stuff. I am drinking pumpkin spice chai right now! It's downright chilly here! Glad you are enjoying your teacup!!!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  8. Beautiful fabric for your bag and such a pretty design. So glad your furbaby didn't have a reaction to the bee sting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Thank you very much! Boy, I'm glad she didn't have a reaction too! She's been stung before in the mouth so I wasn't too, too worried but I checked with the vet just to be on the safe side. Thanks for visiting!!!
      Linda

      Delete
  9. I like the bolder print, Linda! You did a great job on the darling tote.
    Your angels are just so pretty, too, and also the pumpkins.
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello again Kitty,
      I just read your email and sent one back to you.....and look, here you are again! Thanks for stopping by to peak at my tote! Sometimes bold is better! Thank you so much for your very kind remarks!
      Enjoy your weekend too!
      Linda

      Delete
  10. How pretty. You're so talented! Pinned and Tweeted. Thanks for partying with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Beverly! i really appreciate it!
      Linda

      Delete