Monday, July 20, 2015

Favors for a Friend


I have been busy and guilty of not staying up-to-date with my blogging activities. But I will attempt to fill you in with what has been keeping me busy.

I love playing with paper almost as much as I love playing with cloth so I had fun making this confetti as well as the invitations and other coordinating goodies for bridal shower favors with a "PAMPER THE BRIDE" theme. I offered to make some for a friend of mine who was planning a shower for our friend.

 This is the second batch of shower confetti I have made from my new favorite hydrangea paper punch. A little dab of silver glitter paint in the center adds a little sparkle!


It all started with these shower invitations. I cut these out with my Cricut Explore. Though not difficult to cut, they did take a good amount of time. The party information was printed on an insert that slides out of the lace folder so the tulle bow stays intact upon opening. They were very pretty!


The invitations are a standard size so I had no trouble finding envelopes to fit. I purchased these at Michael's.

Then I began to make the items for the gift baskets to be handed out to all of the guests at the shower.


For favors I made little gift boxes. They will hold hand stitched fabric bags filled with lavender scented bath salts, a handmade lavender glycerin soap, a votive candle and some lavender tea.





These soaps are slightly tinted lavender but it is difficult to see the color here. I also added lavender essential oil for a mild scent and I have to say it is very, very nice! I purchased the lavender essential oil from a local health food store because I did not care for scent of the oil that I purchased at the craft store.

Each bar of soap is wrapped in cellophane paper and then in a pretty printed paper to add a splash of color to the mostly blue gift box.


Notice those little boxes at the right? I hand cut them from regular large shirt boxes because I couldn't find anything sturdy enough to use as a base. I originally used cardstock but it wasn't heavy enough to support the contents.


Once they were cut, the ends had to be glued together.


Then I added some pretty borders to cover the outside of the box. I cut these with a eyelet lace paper punch.


This step took a few minutes but I like the way they turned out, so it was well worth the time.


Then I started to fill them with goodies....


This really is fun.....




I crossed out the bride's name but you get the idea.


Last, but not least  I made some little favors to place on the tables. These were plastic pillow envelopes that I purchased at Michael's. We added chocolate kisses and tied them up with ribbons and a hydrangea blossom.



A little tulle and ribbon makes everything look pretty!

The shower went off without a hitch and the bride-to-be was surprised! It was a lovely party!

**************************************

I've also been busy sewing but I will save that for another post.
I'm feeling a little wilted today. It's very hot and humid and I am presently in a room that is not air conditioned.
Have a good week!


Linking up with:

The Enchanting Rose

10 comments:

  1. Very very pretty.... sure looks like a lot of work... and you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Linda, you are simply precious and your favors are truly stunning! You are a dear friend and ever so kind to do this for someone else :)

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. How very good of you to go to all that trouble, (well worth it though!) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a wonderful job with all these favor boxes and bags, pretty invites!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    You have a heart of gold and such talent with paper and fabric-These are beautiful and perfect.
    What a dear and lovely friend you are, but I knew that!
    Happy Wednesday Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am coming right over again to wish you my dear friend, a belated and wonderful Birthday and delightful rest of the week.
    I hope you are doing the things you love and that you have had a very tasty slice of Birthday cake too!
    Love~
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, that would keep you very busy! The participants must have felt very special with such lovely favors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really did something wonderful for her and she'll remember it always, I'm sure. Everything looks just beautiful! And I have a few of those little flowers that you put in my card....right here on the coffee table in front of me. You are so sweet and such a good friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Linda, Oh how wonderful the shower gift boxes turned out. You are so creative and did an amazing job. Love the color combo. I am sure the bride just loved all these pretties for the guests. You are not only incredibly talented but a dear and giving heart as well.
    Blessings my friend for a special day and weekend ahead. Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete