Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quick Stop Yields Vintage Treasures


Yesterday I had about twenty-five minutes before I had to be somewhere so I stopped briefly at an antique store in town. I mean, how much trouble could I possibly get into in such a short amount of time? Only $16.00 worth!


I purchased a fairly large collection of napkins, doilies, handkerchiefs and one large 60x84 tablecloth. 


The napkins are lovely. They were all neatly packaged in a zip lock baggie so it is always a surprise to go through and see what I got for $1.00. Yes..... that is one baggie bundle for a $1.00! I bought 5 baggies for $1.00 each and one baggie containing 4 mint condition napkins was marked $2.00.


There were multiple sets of four matching luncheon napkins. It's always a treat to get a set of four. I got a couple in this batch! When I got the the cash register, the very nice gentleman behind the counter, threw in a couple more for free! He calls me the "linen lady."


These handkerchiefs are so sweet....much nicer than many that I find. The three on the right are my favorites! They are so light and delicate!


These larger pieces are also quite beautiful! They were all in one baggie for $1.00!


 But this was my absolute favorite treasure because of it's pristine condition. It is an unbleached, natural hemp tablecloth, 60" X 84". I photographed it on the wrong side (which I just realized while writing this post)) It is gorgeous! It was only $9.00.

I washed them all last night and ironed them early this morning! I can't wait to place this treasure on my dining room table this afternoon. I love the color! It is slightly darker than it appears in this photo and it has a very warm, homespun appeal to it!


They are all folded neatly and sitting on my porch table at the moment. I just want to look at them before I put them away. I know..... it's a sickness....and I don't want a cure! 
Some I will keep, some will be used in future sewing projects. I already have some ideas!

Have a lovely weekend my friends! 

17 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! :) You always find such treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add how I can totally see how much can be accomplished in shopping fast. I have the same sickness. I think it must be contagious because I keep dreaming up totes in my head after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki,
      Thank you! If you do stitch up a tote (in all your spare time, do you even have any spare time?), I would love to see it! Let me know! Thanks for dropping by!Linda

      Delete
  3. Oh Linda, you make me laugh...."It's a sickness and I don't want a cure!" I am with you, sweet friend. You found some lovely linens and I know you will put them to good use. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Stephanie! thanks! I do intend to put them to good use! Have a lovely Sunday!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. How lovely. You do discover some wonderful treasures. Don't forget to let us see how you use them. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley,
      It sure is fun treasure hunting! I will post my creations from them! Thank you!!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, Oh how beautiful. You find the most gorgeous linens. I love them and I so wish I could shop with you. We could be sick together and no worry about getting well!! LOL
    Have a great week ahead my friend, Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste, I may be taking a huge risk by responding with my phone.....but thank you dear friend for putting up with my senior moments!!! What fun!!! I would absolutely love to go vintage shopping with you! Sigh.....you are so far away! Lol.... you have a great week too!
      Hugs,
      Linda

      Delete
  6. The Linen Lady is a compliment! These are lovely and I'm really glad someone bought them who will cherish and appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dewena,
      Lol, I'm the linen lady today and the sheep whisperer the other day! I guess there are worse titles! Oh I do appreciate them all, herein lies the problem!!!!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  7. Well, if this is a sickness, I want the illness too! I love, love your treasures and you know you find the best linens, fabrics and such!!
    Can't wait to see what beautiful creations will come from this amazing finds!
    I loved your visit the other day:)
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemma,
      Well I loved your post, it was so relevant to some stuff going on and well, I needed to hear it! Perfect timing my friend! Yes, it's an illness we can all live with.....thank you! I have a few ideas up my sleeve! Thank you for stopping by. I love your visits too!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Magali,
      Thank you! I appreciate your visit and comment. Please come again soon!
      Linda

      Delete
  9. Is your tablecloth hardanger (pulled threads)? Oh my! Looks as if it could be. Definitely worth popping in to shop and worth leaving a mere $16 behind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vee, yes it's pulled threads. It's gorgeous and currently sitting on my dining room table! I never spend much in there and I walk out with a bag full! Thanks for checking out my loot!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete