Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Lemon Cookies With a Twist


You may remember that fairly recently I made some lemon cookies that I absolutely loved. My previous post is HERE with links to the Enchanting Rose where I found the recipe.

I got to thinking about how good that cookie would taste as a thumbprint cookie filled with lemon filling and well.....I was right! they were delicious!

First I made some lemon pie filling from a box mix that I had on hand. Then using Stephanie's cookie recipe I baked the cookies just as I did before but this time as each tray came out of the oven I stuck my big ole thumb in the center to create a dent. Next I filled each cookie center with a small spoonful of warm lemon pudding. Once the pudding cooled,  I drizzled the top with a glaze made from confectioner's sugar, water and vanilla extract.


Very delicious,,,,


So I've been thinking again......what if I were to make a larger dent in the center, fill it with pie filling as I did here but top it with meringue and bake them just till slightly browned? I think it might just be the cutest little lemon meringue pie ever! They would make elegant little cookies for a party, bridal shower etc....stay tuned because you know I have to try it!
So there you have it.....a lemon cookie with a twist...a lemon twist! I must thank Stephanie again! 
Thank you Stephanie! I bet you didn't know just how inspiring a cookie recipe could be!


ps I am posting multiple posts because for the last couple of days I have been having trouble uploading photos to my blog but things seem to be operating better now.....is anyone else having trouble with photo uploads?

9 comments:

  1. Wowzers Linda, you just came up with something extra amazing! :) Now these I must try....and soon! Thanks for sharing, sweet friend.

    As for uploading photos....I haven't had any issues, but I have heard of several bloggers that have been having difficulties. A couple of years ago I had problems uploading pictures, but then I started to pay for Google storage every month and maybe that's why I'm not having issues??? Not sure... I hope it continues to work for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      I guess I am not just having trouble with my photos, but messages also. I responded to this once and my reply is not here. So thank you my friend for the recipe that prompted such serious thought! LOL! I hope to try the meringue step very soon!
      xo
      Have a lovely weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, wow do these look yummy!! Love your creative idea for this amazing treat. Thank you for sharing.
    I 'm not having trouble at the moment with loading pics but there are so many glitches going on it does not surprise me. I sure hope it all works out for you soon. Have a great evening sweet friend.
    Hugs and Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celestina! I love everything lemon especially in the summer! This recipe is pretty versatile...Regarding loading pics, I am now reading about some glitches but I am also beginning to think it may be partly my computer! My laptop worked fine yesterday but I tend to use my older computer when posting. Thanks for stopping by, hugs and hoping you have a great weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Sweet Linda!
    Oh my, these look heavenly and so delicate. You know as I have aged I have developed a taste for tartness over chocolate! Can you believe that? Well, I hardly can, so these cookies would be perfect for me. Oh yes, I agree they would be adorable and tasty as little pies-wouldn't they be perfect for the upcoming Holidays? I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Oh, I am impressed that you have done all of this work on your blog and I love it-you are talented in this area of design, but that doesn't surprise me because look at your sewing creations.
    No, I have not had any troubles of late with uploading photos although I did have trouble earlier in the week adding blogs to my blogroll, but that seems to have worked itself out.
    Have a lovely weekend, Linda, I always enjoy your upbeat outlook and happy spirit!
    Love,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend!
      It's funny how our tastes change! I have preferred tart flavors such as lemon and lime over chocolate for years! Chocolate has never been my first choice I guess!

      Oh Jemma, I am not talented in the area of blog redesign....it takes me hours to produce a baby step and even then it is not exactly what I wanted. Thank you though....I really need my kids to help but sigh, they are not around! I'll keep plugging away, lol! Have a nice weekend, guess we are going to get lots of rain! But that's ok with me!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. That's a great idea and I like anything lemony in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magali,
      Yes, I also love anything lemon (or lime) in the summer. It's somehow just very refreshing, I think! Thanks for taking the time to stop bu and leave a comment! I appreciate it! enjoy the rest of your week!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Oh yummy!!!! Nothing is better than a lemon cookie and then fill it with lemon curd? My mouth is watering!!!!

    ReplyDelete