Monday, June 1, 2015

A Little Color Therapy


Hello friends! It's June! Tra la!!!!........ But sigh, I had to turn on my heat today.  It's been pouring (not complaining, we need the rain) and downright cold in the house (now I'm complaining) and I finally gave in and turned on the heat just enough to take the chill off. Then I did a bit of sewing.


First, I cut out a pair of jammies for me! The fabric shown above, has been sitting on my shelf for over a year and I have been dreaming of making myself a pair of comfy pj's out of it. It's a cream colored, cotton waffle knit which happens to be one of my favorite fabrics to lounge in. I finally managed to cut them out today and I cannot wait to stitch them up! Hopefully you will see them soon!

Then I cut out and stitched two pairs of zippered cosmetic bundles: one set for a gift, another to be packaged up with an etsy order. The colors were so cheerful!




This pair will ship with this batik tote bag that was purchased from my etsy shop.



I felt warmer and more cheerful after working with these colors! The flower is mine but it just looked so pretty sitting on the fabric so I used it for a prop! Nothing like a much needed pop of color to brighten up my day! Color therapy really works!......and as I am typing away I am realizing my hands are like ice and I am actually shivering! So I will be leaving you now for a rendezvous with my thermostat!

Goodbye my friends! Thank you so much for your visit!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that little bag in those beautiful colors! I hope you have a fun day and enjoy some sewing! I'm off to look at your shop....again! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      Thanks! They are such pretty shades for a drab, cold day! It was a bright spot for sure! Today is the same--cold and rainy....Glad you stopped by for a visit! Have a nice evening Diane!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Your jammies will be so cozy. Too bad you don't have them for tonight. I know, even here in Nashville we have the AC off and windows closed. I put away my wool throws too soon.

    Hope Ellie is still doing good. By the way, have you read The Pink Suit by Nicole Mary Kelby, a fiction novel about the actual seamstress for the pink suit Mrs. Kennedy was wearing in Dallas on that horrible day? It is full of so many stories about fabric and dressmaking secrets that I think most people who love to sew would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena,
      I was thinking the same thing! If only I had had them for last night AND tonight! It's downright cold again.....I had all my winter clothes ready to put away but held off for some reason. Good thing because I was going through them last night looking for a favorite pair of fleece pajamas.No I haven't read that book but I am intrigued to say the least. I will look for it, thank you for suggesting it! Oh and Miss Ellie is fine, back to her regular diet ! Still on antibiotics for a couple more days! She has a check up on Thursday! So glad the worst is behind us! Thanks for stopping by,
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, love your creations and the little bags will be perfect with the larger tote bag. Gorgeous fabrics. Your Pj's will be so comfy. Love this fabric too. Your new blog look is wonderful. Love it. Hope you warm up. We are having nice sunny days and it's so nice after all the rain and flooding.
    Happy June!!
    Hugs and Blessing, CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste, I didn't realize you lived near all the flooding. I hope all is well now. We watched it happening on the news, how scary! It warmed up nicely today into the 70's but it's been unseasonably cold and about 25 degrees below normal for this time of year. It's getting cold again tonight! I had to drag my winter clothing back out for the third time! Thanks for stopping by snd for your kind comments--I hope to work on my pjs tonight. Glad to hear that your weather has improved!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Thank you Betsy! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete