Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Couple of Shout Outs


Shout out #1.) Sunday morning I baked these delicious lemon cookies to bring to a friend! I tend to gravitate toward lemon desserts anyways so I knew I would love them but....my husband on the other hand.... tends to base his dessert choices on how many pounds of chocolate chips are in them! So I was absolutely dumbfounded when he said, "these cookies are really good!"


My plate of lemon cookies went from this....



 to this in a very short time!

The lemon flavor is not overpowering and the confectioner's sugar lends a tad of sweetness. But the texture is amazing and when you bite into the cookie it is so nice and chewy! I am making these again on the weekend! My friend liked them and she said she had them for breakfast the next day! LOL! ,,,,the breakfast of champions, who knew?

I found the recipe on my friend Stephanie's Blog The Enchanting Rose . Stephanie's cookies came out prettier than mine. I was multitasking and did not keep a close enough eye on them. Some of mine got slightly browned. Stephanie's were perfect!  You can see for yourself by clicking on the link provided above. The recipe is worth taking down and easier than you might think! At any rate, these cookies are quite tasty, definitely delicious with tea and they are a wonderful addition to my cookie recipe collection. Thank you Stephanie!

By the way, Stephanie's talents are not limited to baking.....so you will want to spend some time on her blog checking out her other talents!


Shout out #2.) 



I recently ordered this sweet little recipe box from my fellow blogging friend Celestina's Etsy Shop. Celestina blogs at Southern DayDreams

The package was wrapped so delightfully! It was a joy to open!


Here's a closer look. Isn't it the cutest thing! 
While you are checking out her blog, be sure to visit her beautiful ETSY shop. You will find the link on her sidebar. She has quite the inventory of shabby-chic, cottage style and French country styled items! Her designs are just lovely!......and look at her business and enclosure cards!



I told my husband that I wanted to paint my entire house pink and fill it with Celestina's Designs! He gave me a nervous chuckle....well, it wasn't a NO!!!!! 

Thank you Celestina!  I love this little treasure!

Just as I am wrapping up this post, the sun has decided to try and make an appearance....oh, it's out after two days of rain! Wishing the same for my friends in Texas! Have a lovely evening friends!


7 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, I second what you said about having your home filled with Celestina's designs. I have a few of her items and I love seeing the in my home. Last Christmas I bought a sweet holder that had a snow-woman on it and I hated to put it away.... I am already looking forward to digging it out for the winter months :) Your Bistro set is just too cute and I know you will enjoy it. Celestina is such a blessing and joy to all those that know her.

    And my, what a surprise to see my name mentioned! You are an absolutely doll, Linda! I am so happy you were able to make the cookies and I'm even happier to hear that you, your friend, and your husband liked them....you gave me a big ol' smile :) Yours looks so pretty! I am having coffee right now and I wish I had a cookie to go along with it.

    Enjoy your evening, dear friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      Yes, the cookies were enjoyed by all who got to taste! It's nice to have such a delicious cookie recipe that can be whipped up in no time flat by starting with a cake mix. So nice for unexpected company or just a quick fix! I bet they would be delicious glazed as well! Thanks for posting! Re: our friend Celestina, I guess we agree to agree! LOL! She sure is a blessing! Have a nice day Stephanie!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. I'm going to print this recipe out! Lemon desserts are my favorite too and I don't think I have a lemon cookie recipe.

    That's such a pretty recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena,
      Yes, it's a cookie recipe for the recipe box FOR SURE! Speaking of recipe boxes, thank you! My new recipe box looks lovely in my kitchen! Hope you get to sit in your lovely garden today!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet "shout out" Linda, for both of these dear ladies. I too have some beautiful hand painted items from our precious Celestina. She amazes me with her beautiful tender touch in her at of painting.

    I too made a batch of those delicious lemon cookies and all I can say is oh my oh my! I'm afraid to say that I was s cookie hog all day Saturday! By the end of the day they were devoured, well, I did share a few with a friend and my mother.
    Such an easy recipe too, so it made its way into my recipe book.

    Enjoy the rest of your week dear Linda.
    Much love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      Yes, I wish I could paint like Celestina! I have tried to but it just does not come easily for me!!! Crayola crayons and a coloring book.....now that I am good at!

      The cookies are really scrumptious. I learned about a year ago tht you can make cookies with any boxed cake mix by adding the right amounts of oil and eggs. I have tried chocolate and not even being a "chocolate person", I found them very good.

      Hope you enjoy the rest of your day too! I will be by later to see if you have posted recently!
      Love to you,
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Dear Linda, I so enjoyed this post and thank you for the mention and the kind words. You are so kind to include me with Stephanie for a shout out. I love everything Stephanie bakes and shares. She is a dear talented and inspiring friend blessed my God. Along with her dear mom Debbie, it has been a joy to become friends with them both.

    Linda you are such a blessing to me and I am so glad we met through the teacup exchange and became friends. I am so glad you are enjoying your recipe box in your kitchen.
    I am so sorry I missed this post when it was first published. Now that I am signed up to receive all your posts by email, I will not miss out again!! Many thanks for the mention and your thoughtful kind heart!!
    Love to you, cm

    ReplyDelete