Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Quick Fix For Supper


Doesn't that look yummy?

Tonight I needed a quick supper as I was in the middle of more than one sewing project and I wanted to keep working on them. This is what I whipped up for dinner, tossed with some pasta and though it only took minutes, it was so YUMMY!

I have learned that anything sauteed in olive oil and garlic ends up tasting delicious. So, that's what I did!

I threw some chopped garlic into olive oil. Then I added jumbo shrimp and fresh asparagus. When the asparagus was partially cooked (I like my veggies tender-crisp)  I added some fresh chopped tomato, parsley black pepper. It smelled so good while it was cooking!!! Once it was cooked, I served up some pasta and topped it with the shrimp and veggies. We enjoyed it!

Then as soon as I cleaned up the kitchen I went back to my sewing. I finally found the nerve to cut into some linen to create one of my vintage inspired heart pillows.


I used the blue and ivory linen placemat that you see in the photo above. I decided it was okay to cut up because there were some tiny stains and tears in the linen that could easily be worked around. I was very pleased with the fruits of my labor and I do believe this is my new favorite of the little vintage pillows I have sewn. It is very sweet!


New item in my ETSY shop......

I stitched the little quilt patch and the various vintage laces onto the heart, stamped the sentiment onto some painter's canvas and stitched, sewed the front and back(which is an ivory muslin) together and turned right side out. Then I stuffed the pillow.  It was coming together nicely. Next I tore the strips for the bow.


At this point I took my heart pillow into the living room to sew on some buttons. I turned on the TV to watch some news while I was sewing. The blue you see in the photo above and below is actually my knees and I am wearing blue jeans. My jeans frame the heart pillow rather nicely!


I stitched on some buttons here and there.....





I still have enough of the placemat to make another pillow and so I shall......but right now I have to finish a custom cherub before I turn in for the night. She will be wearing a white eyelet dress and I look forward to embellishing her. 

Nighty night, don't let the bedbugs bite! :)


8 comments:

  1. OMG!! I love your pillows! I can't sew but maybe someday I will learn. Your recipe looks so good too! Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    So kind of you to visit and leave your kind comment too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, Your dinner looks so delicious. Quick and so yummy!! Love your heart pillow. So adorable. You do such amazing work and I love all your creations. I wish I had more time to sew but I do usually have something in my lap in the evening after a paint day. You are an inspiration.
    Have fun and Happy Sewing.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celeste, Thank you, I appreciate your kind words! So happy to hear from you! I am sure you do have a project in your lap after a busy day of painting. I enjoy sitting down in the evening with a project that needs finishing because I find it very relaxing. That and a cup of tea! Have a lovely weekend Celestina!
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... Your supper looks delicious, my friend, and I'm sure it tasted divine :)

    I LOVE your heart pillow! You know I adore the hearts that you make, but this one is extra lovely. The colors you used are simply perfect together. Happy weekend, dear Linda. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie,
    Happy weekend to you too!....and thank you for your visit and very kind words. I wasn't so sure about this pillow and as it turns out, it's now my favorite. Hope all is well,
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nighty night, don't let the bedbugs bite, that's exactly what my mother used to say to me when she tucked me in, never dreaming that I would worry about those bad bedbugs!

    Your dinner looks and sound delicious. sometimes the simplest things put together are the best. I believe that almost anything tastes good on pasta!

    And the new heart is very sweet! You were saving that cloth for many years to come in a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewena,
      I used to say it to my kids too but honestly I can't remember where I picked it up. I don't think my mom used to say it to me.......I think you are right about the pasta, lol!!! Thank you for stopping by Dewena and for your kind remarks. It's nice to hear from you! Have a lovely Sunday!

      Delete