Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stephanie's Teacup Exchange--My Cup of Tea!



I arrived home two weeks ago today and found this delightful package waiting for me!
I sat it on my sofa, opened the box and the gifts inside were wrapped up in my favorite autumn colors! Notice how it coordinates with the quilt on the back of my couch? The little stickers are Easter themed and very sweet!


The first thing I opened was this lovely card from Karren who blogs over at Oh! My Heartsie. Please pay her blog a visit and leave her a comment. Tell her I sent you!!!! Despite some challenges that she was faced with during the swap, she still put the nicest package together and shipped it off to me. It was wrapped with loving care, a sticker on each little gift.....To think that she was able to do all of this during a difficult time made it extra special. It is so appreciated Karren! Thank you very much!


Next I opened this sweet little gift bag that contained a trio of stickpins. They are so pretty. Opening all of these gifts was reminiscent of opening my Easter Basket as a youngster. Easter Bunny used to leave us a combination of candy and special little gifts. Oh what fun!


Take a closer look!  


My next surprise was the little decoupaged Easter egg! It was the cutest thing!


Here is my beautiful mug! I love it Karren! Thank you!



I love the flowers! No matter which way you turn it, it is perfectly lovely! You will note the ecru doily underneath. It was also included in my package of goodies! I collect doilies and this ecru doily is delicate and dainty! I already cheated and used it in at least one earlier post!


......there are more little treasures! The little package of mini eggs did not last very long!


I received note cards, a notepad and some cute little Easter tags. Hiding in the back is delicious Earl Grey tea!
After opening all of my gifts, I made myself a cup of tea in my brand new cup! It was especially delicious!

Karren, I can't thank you enough for sending me such a lovely package full of sweet little surprises! The package was thoughtfully wrapped and a complete joy to open!......just like my Easter baskets when I was small. It is wonderful to feel that kind of youthful, even silly joy as an adult. I will cherish each and every item you chose for me Karren! I am so happy to have met you through Stephanie's Teacup Exchange and look forward to reading more of your blog!


The recipient of my teacup package was Debbie Harris. She blogs over at She Graces Her Home in God's Beauty! Over the past year I have enjoyed getting to know her through her kind, supportive comments and her posts! She makes me laugh out loud and she has brought a tear or two to my eye.  Her posts are inspirational and they have encouraged me on more than one occasion. The lovely music she has on her blog just completes the experience!


Last, but certainly not least I have to thank Stephanie for orchestrating this teacup/mug swap for us! She blogs at
The Enchanting Rose! 
I don't know how many of us participated this time, but I believe the last swap had 60 participants! She is definitely a hostess with the mostess! If anyone has doubts that one person can make a difference, visit Stephanie's blog (which provides links to all of the participants and their stories) and judge for yourself! The pure joy and wonder we grown ups experience from both the giving and receiving of these gifts is genuinely heartwarming! Stephanie, we are so blessed to have you in our midst! THANK YOU!


24 comments:

  1. Oh Linda...dear, sweet Linda, where do I begin? Let's start with the gorgeous tea cup from Karren :) What a beauty! I had to show my husband the tea cup you received because of its unique saucer and lovely design. The stickpins are so pretty - did Karren make them? And I just love the egg! What perfect timing since Easter is just around the corner.

    I was amazed at Karren and her kind heart since I know she was facing difficulties during the swap. I appreciated the fact that she did not drop out when she had every right to with what she was going through - what a sweetie!

    And speaking of sweeties.... you, my dear Linda, are one of the sweetest sweeties I know! You continue to bless me over and over with your kind words and precious friendship. I am so grateful for you and I am thankful the Lord allowed us to meet through blogging. It is my joy and pleasure to host the exchange for you and the many others that participate {there were 77 this time}. You make it worthwhile. I look forward to having you link your post up tomorrow at the reveal.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      There have been so many wonderful unexpected surprises since I began blogging a couple of years ago. The friendships made are special to me. Getting to know you and your lovely mother have been one of the highlights! Your work is so very much appreciated!
      With gratitude,
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Good Morning my sweet and dear friend, Linda!
    You are just precious! First I want to thank you for the letter in the mail yesterday, oh what a surprise and delight! That was one of the sweet cards and envelopes you made with the sewed edges that I thought was such a wonderful idea, ans I was the recipient of one!!! :) I loved the way you wrapped the bag of tea, cleaver. As I sit here visiting I am having that special cup of tea in my gorgeous tea-cup that I received from you. Pure joy...
    Karen has graced you with some beautiful treasures, Linda. I just love the pins, very unique.
    I stand amazed at the many gifts that are tucked into each package from ladies around the world and they are all so unique and different. Isn't this exchange just the greatest!
    Stephanie is a GEM! If I must say so my self. :)

    Much love to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      You can say it yourself!!! We have already said it so many times!!! LOL! She is a gem!
      Yes, I was also amazed as I scrolled through several link ups before I had to leave this morning. So many wonderful, unique items shared! I hope to carve out some time this evening to go through some more! So many beautiful teacups!!!!

      Glad you enjoyed your tea. I thought it was so good!!!! I had two cups of herbal tea before bed last night because I was so chilled! No caffeine for me at that hour!

      Thank you Debbie for your sweet comment here and for the lovely post about your teacup! You are a most gracious recipient and fun to shop for! Have a nice weekend my friend!
      xoxo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Gosh, what a lovely package to receive. The tea cup is so gorgeous! This was such a fun exchange thanks to wonderful Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam,
      Yes, my cup is so pretty, I absolutely love it! I now use the 3 teacups I have acquired through the swaps every day! The first one I received is large enough to have morning coffee in. So I do! The other are teacups that I take turns using for my afternoon and evening tea. I'm sure tea tastes even better in a pretty cup!! Thanks for stopping by, yes it was fun!
      Linda

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful package you received from Karren and that tea mug is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy to have landed on your blog through this exchange as it is absolutely fabulously awesome! Big hugs for a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Asia! I'm happy you landed here too! Yes, my mug is a beauty for sure! Now that I have these new teacups from the past few exchanges, I am drinking a lot more tea....and always,in a,beautiful teacup! You have a wonderful weekend yourself....xo
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Your received such a pretty teacup and other lovely gifts, Linda. I know Debbie was thrilled with what you sent her. I agree that our sweet Stephanie is the sweetest hostess and we are so blessed to know her.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty, Thank you for stopping by! Yes, I am thrilled with my new teacup! I think this exchange becomes more fun each time! So looking forward to the next one! Yes, Stephanie is a keeper for sure! So many new friendships because of all her hard work and devotion to this project! Have a good weekend Kitty!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. What a great package! I especially like how your pretty teacup is decorated with different types of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie, yes me too. I kept turning it and turning it to admire all of the flowers! I love the little flower inside the cup too! Such fun! I wonder how many of us are sipping tea right now while reading these posts!!! I am! Thank you for stopping by Margie!
      Linda

      Delete
  7. What a lovely cup and saucer and sweet gifts.. God bless.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye! I am enjoying them all! I couldn't be more pleased with the lovely package I received! Nice of you to drop by and leave a comment. I appreciate it so much! Enjoy the weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  8. I know everyone has had such fun with this tea cup exchange. I'm so glad you got a package filled with goodies and a beautiful tea cup. You'll enjoy it all so much. Packages from blog friends are always such fun. Enjoy your weekend my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. I just love the way you can write and use words.
    The tea cup exchange has been fun for the past two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RoseMary,
      Thank you very much! Such a nice thing to say! Yes, it sure has been fun! I really enjoy the shopping part! When Stephanie puts the link up there is such a flurry of blog activity. Seeing everyones package is another highlight for me! Hope to see you at the next one! Happy weekend!
      Linda

      Delete
  10. Oh Linda, what beautiful things you received in this swap. The teacup is just lovely as is all the pretties you found in this delightful package. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,
      Yes, thank you! I am enjoying them! I use all three of my exchange cups daily! The cup you gave me is so nice and large, I actually use it for my coffee every morning Still think of you every time I use it! Enjoy your goodies Sandra and thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!
      Linda

      Delete
  11. Hi, Linda! I'm stopping by from Stephanie's link up party! Your whole package was just lovely and your tea cup is beautiful- I absolutely love the design and colors! :) Enjoy! Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby,
      Thank you! Same to you! I just made a quick visit to your blog to follow you so I can get back and check it out! I love the name you chose! Glad to have met you through Stephanie's Teacup Exchange.
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely gift package!
    Reminds me of a teacup swap I hosted in 2011 - many lovelies exchanged <3
    EnJoY !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith, yes, thank you! It was fun seeing everyone's packages and all the pretty things. So many lovely teacups too! Thanks for stopping by!
      Linda

      Delete