Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring is in the Air!



Over the weekend we headed three hours south to pick up my daughter from college. I was looking forward to getting out of Dodge, feeling a bit weary from cold and an endless winter of bitter cold and snow. I needed a little visual inspiration. I found plenty!

I don't believe I have ever been to a beach in the winter. Afterall, why would I? I love to walk barefoot in the warm sand.....


....this sand doesn't look all that warm, does it? I was wearing heavy socks and boots and still my feet were cold!! Not exactly a flip floppy kind of day!


Even though it's a blustery day, the sun is shining and the beach is beckoning me.


I've never seen this many quahogs on a beach either. Some were huge!


I have never been at a beach that I haven't stuck a toe or two into just to see how cold the water is. Not today! I can tell you that my hands were numb. It was 27 degrees and the wind was blowing!!! I was a sight for sore eyes. I had on my winter parka, my reading glasses and a pair of sunglasses. I only had my phone with me so I was trying to take photos with my phone and I could not even see the screen. I was very fortunate to have gotten these photos!


Despite the cold, it was mighty beautiful! The water glistened! The sound of the waves was music to my ears. The only thing missing was of course 50 degrees or so....


Who knew a snowy beach could be so beautiful!


One more view before we take a ride to see what else we can see....


So much snow here.....


The ocean was a beautiful deep shade of blue.




Heading to another beautiful spot to take photos....


Imagining how wonderful it would be to wake up to this view every morning.....with or without the snow!


I was half expecting to see a penguin, or a walrus.....ok not really!


The ducks, Canada geese, seagulls and sandpipers were all much braver than I!!!


It's hard to believe this is southern New England in March.....Rhode Island to be exact!


.....and then there is this little guy.  He looked so cold but he was not complaining!

It was a nice change of scenery. I really needed it too! We drove three hours south and were able to take in all of nature's glory. I wish that we had had more time to drive along the coast. It really was breathtakingly beautiful. Nature can be so inspiring....

Today in NH it was a sunny, warm (relatively speaking.....30+ degrees on the right side of zero) day. The birds were singing and I could feel the warmth of the sun!

 Spring is definitely in the air!

4 comments:

  1. Your images are beautiful, my friend! I loved seeing th shells mixed in with the snow :) Spring is on its way - yippee! Enjoy the warmer days, sweet Linda.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yipppeeeee! It has been a rather brutal winter but only because we have been spoiled over the years with some really mild winters. This winter is how I remember them as a child.....long and brutal! Afterall, it is New England!!! Many signs of spring to be thankful for now......xo Stephanie!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, what a gorgeous beach and your photos are amazing. You sure captured some special pics, and while it looks cold, they are sunny and inspiring. The home on the hill is beautiful.
    Have a nice visit with your daughter and hope spring arrives soon.
    Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Sending hugs to you my friend, CM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    These are absolutely beautiful photos. I have never seen snow along the seashore before and this is a true treat for me, I hope you print some of these off for your home, as they are true treasures.
    Thank you for stopping by and visiting, you know I always enjoy your visits. I will be heading off to Sacramento in a couple of days, so I when I get back I will get our Passion, Purpose and Productivity Post up and running again.
    Enjoy the early signs of Spring!
    Warmest of Hugs!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete