Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pillow Talk



This is a pillow I have been working on. It's one of those projects that has been sitting on my ironing board in pieces ready to sew but just never quite making it to the sewing machine--until tonight! Please tell me that you too have projects in pieces just waiting in line to be finished..............PIPs (projects in progress).

This heart pillow has some lace, some of which is vintage. The fabric is also a vintage moire taffeta in a pale peach. You may recall that I made some slippers from this fabric a while ago too.


I love making heart pillows and have given them as gifts. I have a few of my own that I have hung as ornaments or used as pincushions. This one has a bit more detail on it. I made a shabby 9 patch (faux) quilted patch, and even put in some random stitches to make it appear quilted. I love tiny details and love to include these little touches in my work. "Heartfelt" is hand stamped onto a piece of fabric, frayed and stitched in place for some additional shabby appeal. I hope to have several of these in my ETSY shop soon.


The bow is made from a torn strip of muslin and two strips of ivory tulle. Tulle is one of my favorite
fabrics to work with. It lends such a lovely, delicate, romantic touch to the pillow. I use tulle on lots of sewing and craft projects and it makes the prettiest bows on wedding and shower gifts. I keep a couple of yards in white and ivory on hand at all times. 


I love the little spray of vintage flowers in ivory, peach and pale peach.


What inspired me to finish my heart pillow this evening? Well, this morning one of my blogging friends (Diane from Lavender Dreams) emailed me to let me know she had featured me on her most recent blog post.  Some time ago, I made her a heart pillow after she left me a very sweet comment under a post about another pillow I had made. So I made one for her and mailed it off to Florida! How nice to see how she has been displaying it in her home. Click here to read Diane's post. It put a smile on my face!

Her post is entitled "Beautiful Friendships". She is referring to all of the wonderful friendships that she has made while blogging over the years. I know exactly what she means as I have met some of the loveliest ladies in blogland myself. We share daily or weekly details of our busy lives with one another and soon it just starts to feel like a conversation among dear friends. I could sit down and chat with many of these ladies over coffee and tea and feel completely comfortable-- as though I have known them for years. 

Diane and I stay in touch weekly, sometimes daily and I always look forward to hearing from her. If I am away from my blog for too long, Diane will email me and make sure everything is alright.  I check in on her as well. 

So tonight I was inspired by my friend to finish this little heart pillow. She gave me an unintentional nudge that I absolutely needed and I am grateful. Many thanks for your your very sweet and timely post Diane. Heartfelt thanks!

Now to tackle all those other projects in pieces! 


Link to Diane's blog:  Lavender Dreams



Linking up with:

The Enchanting Rose


Fluster Buster


Love Bakes Good Cakes

22 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pillow Linda! Yes, I have many PIPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! The good thing about having many PIPs is that we are never at a loss for something to do! Let me know if you ever need a nudge! lol...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was just visiting your blog (new follower btw) and I love your quilt project. I would like to read more about it and will be back for another visit. Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate it!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Good morning, dear Linda! It is so nice to drop by for a visit - I hope you are doing well :)

    Your heart pillow is stunning! The patchwork of fabric is such a sweet idea, my friend, and I was thrilled to read they will hopefully be in your shop soon.

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - I always love having you link up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning dear Stephanie! All is well! Thank you for your kind words! I love linking up with you when I have something to link up. I have enough projects started to link up for a lifetime......hopefully once we have some lasting warm weather I will feel more motivated to finish them. Thank you again for hosting. So many creations that I need to get back and check out! xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Dear Linda, Your pillow is stunning. Just a gorgeous design you created with perfect details and so charming. Love it.
    Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments. Have a great rest of the week and wonderful beginning of our new season this Friday.
    Hugs and Blessings, CM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Celestina,
    Thank you! I seized an opportunity and caught up on some blog reading yesterday! Always so nice to see what you are up to!! Yes spring will be here just as possible winter weather will be arriving but at any rate it is spring--that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Thanks for dropping by! Hugs!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I didn't expect you to do one and mention me my friend. You are so talented and I think your hearts would be a great addition to your Etsy shop. They are each one works of art...unique and beautiful. Having one is very special. Enjoy your evening and I hope you get in some sewing this week. The week is flying by, isn't it? Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane, well it just seemed an opportune moment to complete my pillow and post it. It tied in so well with your post. Thanks again Diane. I enjoyed reading your post and I agree that friendships made here really are a blessing! XO my friend,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, this is the prettiest heart that you made. How thoughtful of you to make one for Diane too. Blog friends are the best!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Julie! I agree with you! Blog friends ARE the best! Always positive, always supportive! What's not to love about Diane, right? LOL! Thank you for stopping by!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. both of your hearts are just lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! So nice of you to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate it so much! Enjoy the redo of the week!
      Linda

      Delete
  11. Good morning, lovely Linda! I wanted to let you know this post has been featured at Roses of Inspiration. Thank you so much for linking up :)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie for choosing this post as a feature on Roses of Inspiration! Seeing this got my morning off to a great start! It is such a pleasure linking up to your party and seeing all of the amazing link ups! So much amazing talent and inspiration out there. Thank you again for the feature, I am honored! Really excited to see the big teacup/mug swap reveal. Thanks for doing so much for us!
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Hi Linda,
    I so love your sweet heart pillow.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! I appreciate your very kind comment! Thank you for taking the time to visit and for leaving your kind words!
      I appreciate the feedback!
      Hugs,
      Linda

      Delete
  13. I love teeny things like this adorable bouquet and the sweet, soft color you've used are like icing on a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norma,
      Thank you very much! Such a sweet comment, literally and figuratively, lol. It is as much fun as decorating a cupcake, though not nearly as tasty....guess what I have a craving for now???? Thank you for dropping by. I will be stopping by to visit you as well.
      Linda

      Delete
  14. Hello Linda,
    Your heart pillow is very beautiful !! I love the soft colors.
    So romantic. I'm visiting from Roses of Inspiration features.
    Nice to meet you !

    Blessings to you,
    Wilma. Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wilma, Thank you for stopping by to check out my post and your kind comment. I have to get back to Roses of Inspiration myself to check out some other links. There were so many interesting ones. Very nice to meet you, I am heading over to visit your blog now! Thanks again!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete