Monday, February 2, 2015

Valentine's Day Inspiration--A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That



Okay, the Superbowl is over so now I can start thinking about Valentine's Day! I don't like to gloat but can I just say YEAH PATRIOTS!  That's all I promise!

I have been punching hearts with my 3" heart punch! You can never have too many hearts with Valentine's Day just around the corner.


I stitched some vertically so I can hang them from the light fixture in my dining room.


I will put up one more string of hearts but I wanted to get photos while there was still good light. We are in the middle of another snow storm. We must have over a foot by now.


I like these simple heart decorations because they are..... simple! I also like them because they are never still. They twirl constantly and it's rather cute and charming I think!
I will also string some horizontally to hang at the top of my curtains. It's just an easy, peasy way to add a touch of festivity to the room.

-------------------------------------------------

I am decorating cookies for some little favors to give away. I found these snack sacks at a grocery store and I love them for small favor bags. They can easily be decorated for any holiday. I used some for small Christmas gifts too!

I used my edge punch and punched a pretty lacy edge on the bag and folded it over. I stamped a trio of hearts at the bottom
 and tied it up with twine and ribbon.


After that, I realized that one of my little 3" hearts would make a very cute gift tag so I untied it and added a heart.



You can write a little Valentine's Day greeting on the back to your recipient.


I love the edge and I could never be without my edge punches. They add such a nice touch.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The other day I stitched up a pair of slippers (a practice pair) and decided to stitch up another pair today. Since they are pink, I will include them in this very pink, Valentine's Day post.


With this pair I left out the batting and lined it with pink fleece. They are still remarkably sturdy even without the third layer. I also figured out where I was misunderstanding the pattern instructions so my next pair should go together in a breeze. Practice makes perfect!


This pair came out cute! 


These would make a most welcome, warm and cozy Valentine's Day gift too!

Well, that's all for today! I am heading back to my sewing machine! Hope everyone is warm! I am freezing and my husband just told me we have about 14 new inches of snow on the ground. It is still coming down! I am not complaining......

My word for the week is OPTIMISTIC. I will remain positive. Afterall, I decided on my word yesterday and the PATRIOTS won the superbowl! Did I mention that?


Linking to:

The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home #205 Linky Party  Click Here




The Enchanting Rose

11 comments:

  1. I am with you, yay for the Patriots! :) They played a great game.

    Your Valentine's Day pretties look lovely - the hearts hanging from your light are perfect! And those slippers look so warm and cozy.

    Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, thank you! Yes, the Patriots played well but it was a nail biting game right up to the last seconds! They had a great season and I am so glad they won. Thanks for stopping by.
      Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. Linda,
    Such pretty Valentine love at your home, and these slippers are so pretty, beautiful fabric. Fabulous idea hanging hearts from your chandelier and the description of them twirling with the movement of the air sounds magical.
    Stay safe and warm while this Winter front moves in.
    Warmest of Hugs!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jemma, thanks! I used to decorate more, still want to do a little something. I am now on my third pair of slippers, it is so cold here. Last night I had a hat and scarf on while watching the news. Meanwhile my husband was perfectly warm and laughing at me ! Thanks, I'll takes Those warm hugs!!!! Lol....

      Delete
    2. Oops, pardon the typos, I am using my phone!

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda. Your treat bag is adorable. Love that punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I have several different ones that I purchased on clearance. I hit the jackpot on paper punches! You should see what they do to a roll of adding machine tape! Oh the possibilities! Thanks for stopping by.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. I love the hearts on the chandy!! Cute slippers too! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry!
      Thank you on both counts. My pleasure! Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Thank you! I appreciate your visit and kind comment! So many places to visit on Stephanie's party! I hope to get back to visiting some over the next few days!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete