Monday, February 9, 2015

From Sew What to Snow What!


SNOW WHAT!


Another snowstorm in NH

You know that saying about being in a snow globe and someone keeps shaking it? That certainly applies to my world right now.It has snowed so much for so many days that I cannot keep the snow storms straight. We have had two storms in the last two days--one lasting all day today actually, it is still snowing tonight AND we have another one coming Thursday into Friday.....along with some bitter cold temperatures! One positive note about the snow--IT IS BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT!


The snow blower could not blow over the snow bank so my husband is 
shoveling. He also removed snow in places to make more room for more snow. Not that we need any more!

I was inside all day today so I finished 4 more little mauve colored cherubs for my ETSY shop. They were fun to work on. I added some vertical lace trim from my vintage stash and I also used little vintage inspired buttons on their halos.


I was determined to work on making some iron on labels for my angels today too. I have been wanting to put my shop name on them somewhere but didn't want to sign them and make a mess on the back. So I decided to use iron on labels. They were easy to make and look great on the back.


The flip side of my angel ornament

The four angels are identically made with the exception of the little vintage inspired buttons on the crowns. Two are tiny rosebud buttons, one is a daisy and the other is a plain button.


This cherub has a rosebud button on her halo.


I will be listing these little angels on ETSY tomorrow.

Anyways, I am itching to get to my favorite fabric store to look for some fun spring fabrics so I hope we have a break next week from all this snow. 

 I don't mind snow. I actually love the feeling of being stuck inside for a day. BUT now there's just no easy way to move it out of the driveway-- the banks are so high. So I am putting in my order for some unseasonably warm weather....and by warm I mean above 30 degrees. When the thermometer says 7, my body says hibernate! Or eat, then hibernate! When I roll out of my cave in the spring, it;s not going to be pretty!




11 comments:

  1. That's a LOT of snow to try to move! OH MY! I guess hubby burned off some calories! Love your sweet angels and the tag is very nice. I never made tags for my bags....it was on my list! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      I am trying out two DIY ways of creating tags. I will let you know which one works best. It's easy! Thank you. I have some new designs for my angel coming soon. Yes, it was a lot of work moving the snow, but it's a good thing he did (I helped) because we may have another storm coming Monday. My daughter lives in an area in Massachusetts that has had 6 ft of snow in 18 days. She has had many unplanned days off! Luckily though, she is able to work from home. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I can't believe the snow you have been getting back there! Please send some to us here in Northern Nevada because we need a ski season. Finally got some over the weekend but the temps here are far from 7 degrees. The small snowfall we get keeps melting with the warm winter temps we've had so far.

    Your new angels are so cute! Love the shirring of the fabric and also your new tags. Great idea.

    Stay warm back there and dream of Spring! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      I was just telling the other Diane that where my daughter lives (about 2 hrs from here) they have gotten 6 ft of snow in 18 days. I would gladly give you some--it's free to a good home.....or any home for that matter, lol...I am surprised that you have such warm temperatures. Is that unusual for you this time of year? Thank you. I have many new ideas I am working on for my little angels. The temp is going to drop below zero this weekend, dreading that because I have trouble staying warm even though the heat is cranked. Trust me, I am dreaming of spring. I love the beauty of the snow but I am ready for sunshine and 60 degree weather. Wishing I could send you some snow Diane! Thanks for stopping by,
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, You sure did get the snow and with more on the way, staying inside creating is the thing to do. How darling your new angels are and I of course just love the one I ordered. Adding the label is perfect. You did a great job designing them. I wish I could send you some of our warm temps to melt all that snow. It is beautiful but be safe going out in it. Your pics bring back lots of memories from growing up in Michigan.
    Have a blessed day.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celestina, I bet you did get a lot of snow in Michigan! I don't mind the snow, but at some point it gets very difficult to manage. I do however mind extreme cold. It was 0 in the morning yesterday! Just getting 1-3" of snow tomorrow but apparently something bigger could be headed our way next week! Looking forward to sun and warm temps!

      Thank you for your kind comments and I am so happy that you love your little angel!
      xo
      Linda

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful, Linda. Having only had dustings here in TN, this year and last, I would love some of yours. I would be like you, enjoying staying in and working on a favorite project. I would be in my pajamas all day long! Be careful in it though. I hope the thaw comes early for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Dewena,
    I just deleted my reply to you so if you receive two, this is your lucky day! LOL! Yes, I agree it is beautiful and today while I was outside it was sunny and it reminded me of spring! It was still pretty cold and yesterday morning it was below 0. WE have a small snow storm (1-3") for tomorrow and something bigger looming early in the week ahead. Really looking forward to spring! Thanks for stopping by Dewena! Have a good night!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get two, Linda! And I'm so thrilled to be anticipating the 3-5 inches predicted here for Nashville tonight! Grocery trips made, library books stacked up by the bed, lots of birdseed in the bin. We're so ready.
      Dewena

      Delete
  6. Linda,
    So beautiful and your design shows off how truly talented and creative you are.
    I cannot believe this snow-I grew up in Idaho and I remember there was so much snow one year that we could walk on top of the tallest snow drifts and nearly touch the sagging power lines. You stay warm and cozy!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jemma,
    Thank you very much! You're so kind! Yikes, you touched the power lines???? We are expecting a blizzard sat and sunday, (it snowed off and on all day today....)and now they are watching another storm for tues. It just doesn't end. So I guess I will focus on the fact that we will be 2 snowstorms closer to spring.lol.
    Hope you had fun at the big party.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete