Saturday, October 18, 2014

Teacup Exchange #2



Stephanie's Teacup Exchange!! 

I took part in Stephanie's Teacup Exchange once again. She blogs over at The Enchanting Rose. I  somehow missed participating in the last one so I was diligently keeping my eyes peeled for the next one.

What is it exactly that makes these exchanges more fun than a barrel of monkeys? Well for starters, I love picking out special little surprises for people. You might think it a bit challenging to buy a gift for a complete stranger, but I assure you it is not. In my case, Stephanie emailed me with Celestina's name, address, and blog title. I visited her at Southern DayDreams where she blogs and took a quick tour. Since I immediately fell in love with her blog and her amazing photos, I knew we had similar interests and tastes.  

I went back to my favorite antique shop where I purchased a teacup for the first exchange. I found a pretty little teacup for Celestina that had blue forget-me-knots on it. I also found a dainty little vintage napkin. I enclosed an organic tea, some honey and a Harvest Angel that I made. 
It is also fun packaging the items and finally shipping it on its way. In my case, it was heading to Texas (from NH) so I wanted to make sure it was safely packaged. I wrote FRAGILE all over the outside of the box, took it to the post office where it got THROWN into a bin (not so gently) which made me cringe. Within 2 days I received messages from Celestina that she had received the package and the teacup arrived in one piece!

HERE IS CELESTINA'S blogpost about her teacup package that I sent her, Click Here!

I think the nicest part of the exchange is that you begin as strangers and end up as virtual friends. It's not quite the same as actually sitting down with new friends and enjoying a cup of tea together but who knows? Maybe we can all convince Stephanie to throw a tea party the next time!

After mailing off the teacup to Celestina, I found myself running to the mailbox every day anticipating the arrival of my teacup and meeting the sender. There was no mail on Columbus day, but it did arrive the very next day, all the way from South Dakota! Thank you very much Lynn! I was pleasantly surprised by all the treasures she was able to pack into my package.


Isn't she a beauty? This dainty, little bone china teacup with gold edging is just lovely! My package was full of special little surprises in addition to the teacup! It also came with some locally (South Dakota) manufactured popcorn. It is not pictured here because, well, I ate it! It was so delicious!


I loved the words on the little notecard!


I love the vintage look of typewritten text. 


These sweet little flowers were tucked inside the pink, hand painted envelope. 



Aren't these cute? I love the pastel colored yarn! These actually have multiple uses as mug pads, coasters, dish cloths, face cloths etc. 


I received several packages of vintage appliques!

....and my first ever roll of washi tape!


A handy little notebook and a ribbon flower!


....and last but not least, these little postcards which are reproductions of vintage postcards. I almost missed these as Lynn had packed so many treasures into the box. I felt totally spoiled!

In addition to receiving my package from Lynn, I also received a very nice thank you note from Celestina on the same day!


Very sweet!


.....and as I am writing this post, I am sipping some hot Chai tea (in my pretty teacup) and enjoying a slice of homemade cranberry cake! Now that's a perfect Saturday in my opinion!

Don't forget to check out the following blogs:

The Enchanting Rose by Stephanie. She is the hostess of this wonderful teacup exchange. I happen to love the particular piece of music that plays on her blog!!! 

Here is as link to all the teacups that were exchanged: Click Here!

Southern Daydreams by Celestina. She is the recipient of my teacup. 

The photos on both of these blogs are extraordinary!

I am not sure if Lynn has a blog but once I find out, I will update this post and include a link if she has one! Thank you again Lynn for such generous, thoughtful gifts and....

Thank you to all three of these gals for scattering some sunshine!


"Those that bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves." 
James M Barrie


24 comments:

  1. I've never done a swap but I've noticed that this is the sweetest bunch of ladies that take part in the tea cup exchange. I sure love all of the pretty things you received and how sweet of Celestina to send you a thank you note. I'll look for her post, too. It's hot tea sipping weather now! Enjoy your weekend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fun Diane! Very nice ladies!!!! Yes, it is tea sipping weather. We had a 20 degree temperature drop overnight! Have a nice Sunday!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Oh Linda, I am in love with your beautiful treasures :) Aren't those sew-on flowers darling?! And the tea prepared in your new tea cup looks delicious.

    My dear friend, it is always a pleasure having you participate in the tea cup exchanges - you, Celeste, and Lynn are three very remarkable ladies whom I admire and appreciate. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, THANK YOU so much for organizing this exchange! I really enjoy participating!
      I have been thinking about you! Prayers for you and your family.xo
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, wow I love everything you received from the exchange. I hope you enjoy your new teacup and your new friends!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Thank you, I am enjoying my teacup! Did you participate this time?
      Linda

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, what lovely gifts you received. Isn't this exchange the most fun ever? I love choosing everything and then the excitement of receiving the box is wonderful,too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty ,after I checked out the teacup you received I saw the beauty that you sent out. I love it and the crocheted pumpkin is adorable. This really is fun, isn't it? So thankful that Stephanie puts this together for us! What a sweetie she is! I will stop by this weekend to see your post on crocheting pumpkins, it is really cute!
      Linda
      Mysewwhatblog

      Delete
  6. Hi Linda, Your teacup gift is gorgeous along with the beautiful additions you received from your new friend. I am just loving my gift from you and the tea is so delicious along with the yummy honey. I have found a special spot for the harvest angel and I also share a spot for the teacup in my post today. Thank you again so much and the blessing of your new friendship.

    Enjoy your gift and have a great weekend.
    Hugs and Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Celestina,
      Just catching up on replies to comments....hope you are enjoying your Sunday morning! Yes I love my new teacup and all the goodies that came with it! AND I am delighted that you love all of yours. Thank you for such wonderful, kind comments in your post!
      Gave a great week! xo
      Linda

      Delete
  7. What lovely, lovely surprises you received in the exchange. Nice to find your blog on the Tea Cup Exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear Linda,
    It was so nice to visit with you here tonight. Your post was just lovely, and your gift package was quite beautiful. My dear Stephanie has shared with me of the love dear Lynn spreads, and she has done just that for you as well.
    The forget me knots tea cup you blessed Celestina with was gorgeous!
    I always stand amazed at the love and generosity of the ladies through these exchanges, pure joy!
    Thank you for thinking of my sweet Stephanie and our family.
    Sweet blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful package you received! And what a lovely blog! Stephanie's exchanges are such a blessing! Many blessings to you, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, Yes I agree! I enjoy Stephanie's exchanges very much. This is my second! So thoughtful of her to organize this for all of us! Thank you for stopping by and for your very nice comment! Enjoy your day! Many blessings to you as well...
      Linda

      Delete
  10. That's a very pretty tea cup you received! :-) I had so much fun participating in this exchange and getting to know two new girls. :-)
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie....I am heading over to your blg now to read your "reveal" post! Thank you for dropping by!
      Linda

      Delete
  11. Oh, here's the post! (I went to the previous one!) wow, did you get some nice things. I love those vintage appliqués! Everything looks delightful! I am off to check out your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah for stopping by! I was just at your blog reading your wonderful suggestions. I really like the idea of an electronic-free day! Going to start that this week! Thanks!
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Dear Linda

    What a lovely post you've written about your tea cup exchange.
    I agree with you, I really enjoyed searching for just the right tea cup to send to my swap partner, in fact I spent a whole day doing it! Then finding all the other bits and bobs to add was fun too!
    The forget-me-not tea cup you gifted Celstina was adorable.

    Lynn really spoiled you and what a sweet cup she sent you with all the other lovely items included in her parcel.
    I'm not surprised the popcorn didn't last long enough to photograph!!!
    With the lovely things you make, I'm sure you will love playing with the washi tape!

    Lovely to meet you at Stephanie's party Linda.
    Wishing you a very happy weekend.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shane! So nice of you to stop by and leave sucha nice comment. I was just at your blog and was unable to wither follow you or leave a comment. I got a message that said something to the effect that my request could not be carried through right now and to try again later. I will do just that! Thanks again and nice to meet you as well. I am going to pop over for a bit to read some of your posts.
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda
      I'm sorry you couldn't leave a comment, I was in and out of my blog updating this and that, but I didn't realize it affected comments.
      I was going to email you but couldn't find your address - if you like you can email me, it's on top R/H corner of my blog.
      Happy Sunday
      Shane
      PS - thank you for following me - I'm thrilled!

      Delete
  13. Hi Shane, I don't think it had anything to do with you because I had trouble on other blogs as well...I will try again. Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete