Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fabulous Fall!


I love fall, that's no secret! It is definitely my favorite season. I love the fiery colors of autumn leaves, pumpkins and mums. I love the smell outside! I love the flavors of the season! The only thing that I can think of that I don't care for, is that point when I look outside and the trees are bare. That's when I realize the fall that I love has come to an end.


This is one of my favorite places to go in the fall! It's in Westminister, Vermont. It's a short ride from where we live in New Hampshire. It's called Cafe Loco. Inside is a beautiful vegetable stand but there is the sweetest little cafe where you can get home baked pastries, muffins, desserts, as well as breakfast and lunch. We generally go for coffee and a pastry but recently I ordered breakfast and we sat outside. It was a beautiful, warm fall day. Breakfast was delicious and the coffee was outstanding and hot!


They have a wonderful supply of pumpkins! I like to carve pumpkins that are tall rather than round. There is more room for face carving.


They have a beautiful supply of mums too! While we were eating breakfast, we watched a truck load of mums being unloaded from a truck. That looked like a lot of work! Aren't they gorgeous!


Such a nice place to go on a weekend! As a matter of fact, we are heading that way on Saturday. My middle daughter is coming home for a couple of days. She has not been home since Christmas! So we are going to take a couple of short road trips while she is here and hopefully still see some pretty fall foliage! She loves to visit the Vermont Country Store too so that is also on our agenda!

The Vermont Country Store is another fun place to visit!!! There are samples of the many dips, crackers, pretzels, cheeses, beef sticks, cookies, dessert dips, etc. We always leave there with a couple of old fashioned pickles. Yep, you reach into the old fashioned crock and pick out a pickle!! You should check out their online catalog: Click here to visit their site. They carry many items that we (some of us) grew up with but now are difficult to find.

We have had some of the most beautiful fall weather! It has been warm and sunny and we have enjoyed it. This weekend, however, the cold temperatures are moving in and there is even a possibility of some s..n..o..w! But I don't want to think about that right now!


Happy Fall and Happy Halloween!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what gorgeous pumpkins and flowers! I can see why you love visiting this delightful place - I would too :)

    Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures, sweet Linda. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, thanks! Hope you enjoy your weekend. Is there any snow flying there yet?
      Xo
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,
    As you know I love this time of year too. Great pictures you posted today. I just received my Vermont Country Store catalog the other day. It sure sounds like a great place to visit! Enjoy your time with your daughter. That's a long stretch between visits for sure! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, I just love that place. Hopefully you'll be able to check it out yourself someday! It's in a lovely area with some fun shops and of course beautiful foliage when it is peak. Have a great weekend. Xo
      Linda

      Delete