Sunday, August 3, 2014

New for Fall





Now, I am not wishing my summer away, as memories of a cold, snowy winter that just would not go away, still linger. Let's just say that last winter overstayed its welcome. 

But...fall is right around the corner, and it is my favorite season of all. It's no wonder, that when I saw a bundle of fat quarters in all my favorite fall colors, I snatched two bundles up and made them into a tote and pair of cosmetic cases. 

There's still some fabric left--probably enough for another set or two of zippered pouches.



I will be adding this fall bag and cosmetic case bundle soon to my newly opened Etsy shop. Yes, I finally got it up and running! See my sidebar for a link to my shop and a sneak peak of what's in there.



This is what the inside looks like. I pieced the pocket together from three vertical strips of two coordinating fabrics, added fleece interfacing and quilted it with a zigzag stitch to be a little different. The bag can be used either way.



Here is the matching cosmetic case.


Here's a peek inside. I love the fabric on the outside of the larger cosmetic case. It's on the inside of the smaller case too.


I really like the way it looks inside out!


This orange pocket on the front of the bag has flecks of gold in it.





I am still enjoying my mild summer (we have not had a heat wave in NH yet which is very unusual--but yeah!) but I am really looking forward to fall. I love everything about it except that is seems to slip away too quickly.

August is a busy month for our family and with all of the extra activity, the rest of the summer will fly. Hope you are all enjoying your summer!

Linking up with:



Click here to visit Sew Many Ways--SEW DARN CRAFTY



Fluster Buster

16 comments:

  1. One of the things I like most about Fall are fall colors. This bag is perfect for the end of summer and beginning of Fall. Love the cute cosmetic bags to match, too. You have a shop filled with beautiful things! I love to shop on Etsy! Happy Sunday my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane!

      I agree--love, love the fall colors....even love the eventual brown (as in kraft paper brown) Looking forward to see what sewing projects you'll be up to next. Jappy Sunday to you too!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Very nice, very autumnal, marvelous! It has been a temperate summer and I am not eager to see it leave anytime soon, even though autumn is my favorite season, too. It's the crisp air, the return to baking, and the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee,
      Yup it's all three for me. We are already experiencing some cool, crisp mornings. I love them! I have so much more energy on dry, cool days--not a fan of high humidity! .....and apple pie and pumpkin bread is definitely calling me, will be baking soon! lol! thanks for the kind words!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. I linked here from Sew Darn Crafty. Your bags are lovely. Your fabric choices are absolutely perfection too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, Nice to meet you, I will stop by your blog! Thank you for stopping by and for the compliment! I really appreciate it!
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Love the style of this bag and the 2 cosmetic cases! I too love fall so the colors are perfect for me. Congrats on the Etsy shop! Heading there right now! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thanks! So far we all seem to agree that we love fall colors. I have always gravitated towards reds, rusts, oranges, golds....I think they are just so rich, also warm. I do loves various shades of green too! Thanks!!! Have a great week!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. That is so beautiful - I adore the colours and such handy pockets too... I can't be doing with pocketless bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to have pockets as well, the more, the merrier! I need all the organizational help I can get! Take care!
      Linda

      Delete
  6. Beautiful bags! I love the colors. Fall is really coming, I can feel it too! It's a good idea to make things for fall. I love fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anastasia,
    Thank you very much! Oh yes, I think Fall may be early this year. I am already really enjoying the slightly chilly mornings though I am sure August will bring us some hot, humid weather here in the states. Nice of you to drop by.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE fall too! What beautiful things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nikki,
    I don't think I know anyone who doesn't love fall! Such a beautiful time of year! thanks for dropping by and for your kind words!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bags Linda. Good luck with your new Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again Jeanna!!...you are too kind! just read your other comment under Harvest Angels! Guess you decided to do some catch up. enjoy!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete