Friday, August 8, 2014

Harvest Angel




 I should have known that yesterday's sewing project (making a tote and some zippered pouches in fabrics in rich fall tones) would inspire me to create another fall project. I had some scraps leftover from the rust/gold fabric and I have been thinking for a couple of weeks about making an angel in autumn colors. So last night I put her together and here she is! 


   A friend of mine had given me a bag of these adorable little yellow/orange flowers  that you see tucked under the angel's halo. I           knew they would look so sweet attached to her hair.



          Here's a closeup view of her hair accessories.....



                Before I added buttons to her patched wings.....
                         

                               After the buttons were added
and her curled wire hanger. (difficult to see above, easier to see in closeup below)


She can be hung anywhere....


                 I hung her on the door of my hutch. Isn't she cute?




She would make a sweet hostess gift at Thanksgiving, or she could be tied onto baked goods all wrapped in kraft or tissue paper and     tied up in twine. She would also add a  nice homespun touch to each place setting, or to a floral centerpiece on the Thanksgiving table.   


I am really looking forward to fall, but while summer lasts, I am taking plenty of time to smell the roses.....hope you do too!

                                         Linking up to:


Photobucket


Fluster Buster

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Linda, Your little angel is beautiful and anyone who is lucky enough to receive it as a hostess gift or as a decoration for a Thanksgiving table will be over the moon. She is adoreable.
    Enjoy your day smelling the roses.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Daphne! Thank you very much for stopping by and for your very kind comment! She was a lot of fun to create! I was at your blog earlier and now I am finding that I cannot get that tomato salad off my mind. Luckily, we have a Farmer's Market downtown today and I am heading there in a flash to pick up some ingredients to make it. Hope I can find that cheese! Have a great week,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious! And how pretty for a Fall decoration...maybe on a Fall wreath! Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, Thank you and yes I already thought of wreaths! lol...
      Linda

      Delete
  4. I think you're on a roll! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! (2 Diane's in a row) She was fun to create!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Your fall angel is so sweet! I love the idea of giving one as a hostess gift at Thanksgiving.

    Enjoy your time smelling the roses. I've been sniffing mine too long...so behind on blog reading and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Jeanna! I don't think you can ever sniff roses too long! Good for you! there's always plenty of time for catching up on reading and posting! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to fall. I love it and can never get enough of it! Your angel is adorable! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sherry! My pleasure. I found some interesting posts at the party! Thanks for hosting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love angels no matter what they are made of. Your is so beautiful, creative and interesting. I loved getting to see her. She is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Gigi for stopping by and for your lovely comment. So nice of you! Have a great week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete