Thursday, July 10, 2014

Flowers and Candlesticks!


These are some shots of flowers growing in my father's back yard. They are beautiful! Today I brought home a very large bouquet of these large red lillies!


My father was cutting back the plants around this Astilbe because it was getting too crowded.


These double hollyhocks are gorgeous! I love this pale shade of pink. 


So much eye candy in this beautiful garden! I was a bit snap happy with my camera!


 Another feast for the eyes! His beautiful rose bush! Many blooms were already past their prime....I brought a couple stems of these roses home too!


Could not resist a close up of this.....


and this.......


and this.....


Last but not least, another hollyhock. This white bloom is exquisite! 

****************************

After a visit with my parents, I went home and found a package waiting for me. It was from Diane at The Checkered Apple. See post:  click here! 

As you can see from her post, I won her 4th of July Patriotic Giveaway! This sweet little pair of candlesticks that she painted arrived at my home today! I was thrilled!


They are so cute! I put them in my kitchen so I could enjoy Diane's handiwork! She is so talented!


Sitting next to my patriotic angel (now my lucky angel), they look adorable! I just love the little cherries she added.

It was fun waiting for them to arrive. Diane and I exchanged several emails over the past 4 days while the package was in transit. She was a bit concerned that the candles would melt since it has been so hot. They took a trip across the country (she lives on the west coast and I live on the east coast) and despite the many miles between us they arrived in one solid piece! No wax oozing from the package!

Thank you so much Diane! I enjoyed participating in your Patriotic Linky Party and it was exciting to be the winner of your sweet patriotic painted candlesticks. I am looking forward to next year's party already! Hope everyone will join in!



8 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, your father must be a master gardener! The flowers are beautiful and your photography is so pretty.

    Congratulations on your win. Those are some nice candlesticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanna, yes he is quite the gardener and certainly has a green thumb. His flowers are magnificent! Unfortunately I did not inherit his green thumb. :( Thank you though! I had fun photographing these flowers! Regarding the candlesticks, I was happy to win. Diane did a wonderful job painting these! Have a great weekend! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing garden! Looks like your father has a true green thumb! The pics were great that you took too! Love to see the beauty that Mother nature can produce.

    Your angel and the candlesticks look great together Linda! A really nice pairing of the two! Thanks again for joining this year's Patriotic Link Party!

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, he has been gardening and amazing the neighbors for years. He used to have the most unbelievable vegetable garden too but it became too much work. I really wish I had a green thumb because I LOVE flowers!

    Joining in your Patriotic Link Party was fun and winning was the icing on the cake! Thank you again Diane! Have a great weekend and enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful candlesticks! She is so sweet and talented! And your close ups of the flowers are amazing! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs, Diane....your other Diane friend! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi (other) Diane friend!
    Thank you! I love photographing flowers! Yes! Diane surely is "so sweet and talented!" I love patriotic themed, decorative items so her party is fun. Hope you are staying cool! It's a hot and muggy one here today so I can only imagine what it's like in FL. Enjoy the week Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those flowers are absolutely lovely! And those candlesticks are amazing! I love, love, love them :)

    Enjoy the remainder of your week, dear Linda. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie! Thank you for dropping in! I rarely win anything so I was so excited! XO Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete