Friday, June 27, 2014

Thankful

I Was Featured!

Today I was surprised to learn that my Patriotic Angel (my original post is here) was featured on Stephanie's blog over at   
The Enchanting Rose--Click here to visit!

I met Stephanie last year when I joined her Teacup Exchange which was such a nice experience. You can read about that here and  here. Picking out a teacup and a few special treasures for Stephanie was a whole heapin' pile of fun! Waiting to receive my package in the mail made me feel like a little kid at Christmas! I use my beautiful mug almost every day and each time that I do I am reminded of the lovely lady-- Sandra, who sent it to me from Canada!

Anyhow back to the topic of conversation, (and I apologize for the digression) Stephanie recently posted some patriotic ideas that she collected from some of her blogging friends. So if you need a last minute craft idea for the holiday (it's going to be here before you know it!) or a yummy recipe for your July 4th barbecue, hop on over to Stephanie's post for a huge dose of red, white and blue!

Thank you so much Stephanie for sharing my chubby little patriotic angel:


I feel blessed to have met so many wonderful new friends since I began blogging 2 years ago. In this world we blog in, even though it is a virtual world, we meet and greet one another and share creative ideas, as well as give and receive constant love, support and encouragement. This is real. I am grateful!

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people  who rekindle the inner spirit."
Albert Schwietzer

8 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!
    I'm Debbie, Stephanie's mother. I just realized who you were as I have been a follower of yours for awhile. Maybe I followed you during the teacup exchange??? I'm some what new to blogging, but Stephanie would tell me of blogs she thought I would enjoy following, you may be one of those.
    I'm a little slow...
    Anyway, what a lovey patriotic angel you have here. Stephanie sure did share some wonderful ladies with us, and many different ways to decorate or serve up fine food. :)
    I enjoyed my visit here tonight, and looked around for awhile. I must come again now that I have been .
    Have a beautiful week-end.
    Joy to you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Debbie, yes we met during the Teacup Exchange (not the last but the one before that) You commented that you wanted to steal the cup that I gave Stephanie! LOL! I did not know that you had a blog of your own. I went right over and followed you and I will head back today to take a peek around. Thanks for dropping in and I appreciate your very kind comments! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is a joy to know you, dear Linda, and I'm so glad our paths crossed through blogging. I just love your Liberty Angel. . .maybe I will get one made before the 4th :)

    Happy weekend, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I am glad too! It's been a pleasure meeting you and your mom! So looking forward to your next teacup exchange! I have developed an addiction to vintage or antique teacups. Enjoy your Sunday! XO
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda, congrats on the feature on Stephanie's blog! Your patriotic angel is so adorable that you made. Have a nice weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julie! Such good fun we all have! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is special when you are featured and makes you feel so encouraged. You're a wonderful friend to me and so many others. I love your sweet angel my friend! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, you were the bearer of the good news! LOL! Congrats for your featured items too! Your little stuffed items always make me smile! So grateful for your support and friendship! Have a nice day tomorrow! I am wondering what you will be up to next with your new sewing machine.......Linda

    ReplyDelete