Thursday, June 19, 2014

Angel of Liberty



Here is my Angel of Liberty I created her especially for Diane's Patriotic Link Party and may link her up with other linky parties as well. This angel is very sweet and chubby--emphasis on chubby and she stands about 8" tall. Incidentally, she is not overweight--she is undertall!

Click on the link above and stop by The Checkered Apple to join the party.

I have been working on a simple pattern for a stuffed angel and thought I would try it out in a patriotic version. It was fairly quick and easy to construct. I used this very same red ticking fabric to make patriotic pillows last year. 


I am actually going to place her in a wreath for my door. I found this perfect long roll of antique looking red, white and blue paper ribbon with wire in it so I think I will wind it around the wreath very loosely and make a bow.


As you can see, she looks pretty sweet in the middle of this grapevine wreath,


or this grapevine wreath with stars and berries.


She even looks sweet just standing alone.


I am looking forward to seeing other patriotic creations! See you at the party!

Partying at:



Click on the button


Family Home and Life's  Wow Us Wednesday




The Idea Room

Click on the button


Click on button

22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful angel and I love that pillow ticking. I decided to join in, too! Thanks for the link! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Diane! Glad you are joining in and thank you for your kind comments!
    XO
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, you made such a pretty angel! I love it in the wreath with the stars. Have a good weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie! Hope you have a wonderful weekend too! So nice of you to stop by!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! Love your patriotic angel! She really looks great on that berry & grapevine wreath. Love the fabrics too with their sweet details added to them. Thanks again for joining and promoting the party! Good luck with the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Diane and I'm happy to help! Thank you for hosting! Have a great weekend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she IS darling! I love how she looks in the wreath -- great details bring her non-chubby little body to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren, Thank you very much! So nice of you to drop by and leave your kind remarks! Have a nice week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, your Angel is so sweet. She looks great no matter where you place her. I'll bet that pattern would make a pretty Christmas Angel too. Thanks so much for visiting me, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Karen! I do plan to use it as a Christmas angel, lol! It was nice of you to stop by. TGIF!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda! I simply love this angel! She is precious :) I just realized I didn't leave a comment the other day when I stopped by - silly me!

    It was such an honor to feature you, dear Linda, for you are so talented and your blog is delightful :) I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July and enjoy your weekend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Stephanie! It's fine, Diane (from Lavender Dreams) told me all about your post and I hurried on over to see it! I am honored! So kind of you! THANKS! Hope you have a happy 4th with your sweet little family! XO

      Delete
  12. How adorable. :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jessica! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's adorable. Love the ticking and the sweet dotted wings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Betsy! She was fun to make. Thanks for dropping by and for leaving such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your angel! She is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Anastasia! So kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Carol! It was nice of you to drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda,
    I love your adorable angel! I think she is going to look amazing hanging on your door. The heart wreath is so prefect for her.
    have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Elizabeth,
    Just found your message. Thank you! She was on my door for a couple of weeks! She looked pretty cute up there! lol...Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete