Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Walk Around Goose Pond



Today is one of those days that is just too nice to work indoors. It is beautiful out, 82 degrees and the most perfect breeze! So we took Ellie, our dog, for a walk.


Ellie had to lead the way! My husband took her here a couple of days ago so she knew which paths to follow!


I love old stone walls. I always stop to take a photo when we come across them in the woods.


I love lady Slippers! They remind me of the walks I used to take in the woods where I grew up.


My husband tries to gently cajole Ellie into the water. Even though she is a retriever mix, she is not overly fond of getting her feet wet.


She tried to stay dry as she stopped to drink some water.....even though she is part flatcoated retriever we think she may also be part chicken!


....then she steps into the water. I praised her repeatedly. "Good girl Ellie!"  This was a very big step for her! LOL!


A little island in the pond.  I love all  the lush green. Just a month ago, there were no leaves and no green. 


We came across another spot with some shallow water but Ellie was not terribly interested.


This is not the best photo and I had to edit the light so that the fish would even show up-- but I had to include it. This fish was swimming around while I was trying to take a photo. Then he just came up close to the edge and hung out. I think he was posing for me and he is absolutely smiling! Right?


Just a spot that caught my eye.


....and another pretty spot. Ellie was terrified of standing on this rock. I tried to photograph her here and she would have no part in it!


Once she was standing on safe ground, she posed for a
photo. She is my beautiful girl!

This concludes my photo tour around Goose Pond. Hope you enjoyed the scenery!


The End



2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place to walk! Wow! And look at that fish...looks like a big old catfish. Do you fish? I haven't been fishing in years but used to love to. It's getting too hot to walk here and I sure do miss it! But I'm sewing! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't fish anymore Diane! As a kid, I used to but I never liked putting a worm on the hook--they kind of curl up tight and squirm when you try to put them on the hook and it always gave me the creeps! Have fun sewing! Looks like you are having a blast with your new machine! I will be sewing tonight!
    XO
    Linda

    ReplyDelete