Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty.... in the Kitchen!




I do love aprons and I have come to appreciate them over the years. As much as I try to be neat and not get my cooking ingredients all over my clothing, it is inevitable, especially while sauteing over the stove top,  I will get spattered with something on my favorite blouse and it will never wash out! 



Most of my aprons are handmade and a couple of them can be found on my blog. This apron was given to me by my mom. It is a sweet little confection of rosebuds, ruffles and bows and today is the first time I used it.


Here is a close-up of the little gathered pocket. It is so cute!


...and lots of ruffles!


Even the mitt is pretty!



Who wouldn't feel pretty wearing this in the kitchen? I wore it today while putting together my corned beef and cabbage (boiled dinner) and while trying a PINTEREST recipe--Orange Glazed Zucchini Loaf. I will let you know how it turns out. It smells delicious and is just about done baking, though dinner will be boiling for a couple more hours.

If you want a pretty apron of your own I am providing the link as I was just there visiting the site where my apron came from and the aprons are all on sale!
Victorian Trading Company.

This is a fun site to look at especially if you are a tea lover. Under their high tea category there are these sweet little cameo and button candy molds that I absolutely have to have. How cute will they look sitting on top of  cupcakes?

Update:

Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner (We were too busy earlier in the week to celebrate St. Patrick's Day) so we are celebrating tonight!


I used baby red-skinned potatoes for a change and they were delicious! Course you really cannot go wrong!


Cabbage is my favorite part. Add organic apple cider vinegar and black pepper and YUM!


The corned beef was falling apart. Just the way I like it.


We always enjoy our corn beef and cabbage dinner though we only indulge once a year!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!

    When I saw your apron and how pretty it was, I thought how sad I would feel if it was to get stained. I feel like that apron deserves an apron of it's own! Your dinner looked great! I don't make Corned Beef but maybe every 5 or 6 years. I do love cabbage though and like the idea of the apple cider and black pepper addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I admit that I had the very same thought! lol! So I stood back from the stove while I was cooking so nothing would spatter on my pretty apron. I will most likely use my older aprons for really messy cooking and baking. I love cabbage too! I have always had it with vinegar! YUM! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete