Monday, March 17, 2014

Elusive Spring


My daughter skated in a tropical themed skating show over the weekend and she received some lovely bouquets of flowers after the second show. When we woke up Sunday morning the house smelled like a floral shop. I can tell you that there is nothing that lifts my spirits faster than bouquets of beautifully arranged flowers. AND talk about aromatherapy!


We took our daughter back to college yesterday and she took all of her flowers with her. They were a bright spot while they were here. So bright in fact that I have decided to buy some flowers of my own while I am out running errands tomorrow. Mother Nature is running a little behind schedule and I am getting a little impatient waiting for her. 


While she takes her jolly sweet time producing weather that resembles something even close to spring, I will buy myself flowers to remind me that after the middle of March, spring cannot be that far away.


I am hoping it's just around the corner! Tonight's temperatures will dip down into the low single digits and tomorrow it may only get up into the mid to high 20's. So tomorrow I am going to purchase a little spring of my own and plant it strategically around my house!


"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment