Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Corn Chowder on the Double




Easy Easy Corn Chowder!

10-12 oz baby red potatoes
1/3 large red onion, chopped (not too finely)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 15oz can creamed corn
1 24 oz bag frozen corn
6 slices of bacon, cooked
milk or cream (I use fat-free milk)
Salt, pepper, parsley, paprika to taste

Quarter the potatoes (or if they are too large quartered, cut into bite-sized pieces) and put in 3qt pot, add onion, garlic and water just to cover. Cook until fork tender.

Add creamed corn and frozen corn. Then add milk or a combination of cream and milk (if you prefer a thicker chowder) I add enough to fill the pot to within an inch of the top of pot. Add 3 slices of bacon,  and season to taste. Warm thoroughly but do not boil.

Crumble remaining bacon slices and top chowder with bacon pieces. Add additional parsley and paprika.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I made for supper tonight. The recipe is not written down anywhere. It is in my head. (which is a tad worrisome--but a quick glance over the list of ingredients assures me that you will not end up with a bowl of steaming, salty milk.) 

My family loves it too; it has been a favorite for many years in this household.

It tasted so good tonight! Hit the old spot! It is very cold night and a nor'easter is approaching though it is more of a coastal storm. Being in the western part of NH, we will likely get the lower snow amounts. THANK YOU!


"Only the pure in heart can make a good soup."
Ludwig van Beethoven

6 comments:

  1. Hello Linda!! Long time no talk - how have you been? I hope you are have a lovely week, sweet friend :) This Corn Chowder sounds delicious and the perfect soup for the colder months. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make your corn chowder. My husband will love it! Thanks for the recipe Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds good. I think we need to make soup or chili tomorrow....always tastes so good when the weather is cold. Enjoy your weekend my friend! Hope you are well and staying warm! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies, thank you all for stopping by! Hope everyone is finding ways to stay warm in this very cold weather....xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I love that the bacon is added last (I'm a vegetarian, but my hubby's not). Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you both enjoy it Amanda! You can add the bacon to your husbands bowl just before serving. Thanks for checking in.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete