Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snow Day! Again!


So pretty outside....

Today it is snowing for the second time in just a few days. We got about twelve inches of snow in the first storm. Today's storm was only supposed to deliver about two inches of fluffy white stuff but since we already have a generous two inches, I am assuming we will be getting the higher end of the expected snowfall amount. That's OK. Here is the view out my kitchen window. A beautiful, fresh, white blanket of snow! It was near zero this morning too. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

After running a quick errand to pick up a small cupboard for my kitchen (before the snowstorm arrived) we decided that maybe baking would be the best thing to do today. My daughter who is recently home for the holidays from college, wanted to make gingerbread men.


....only 4 left to bake.


decorating....


My daughter trying one of her gingerbread with a little eggnog!


My new kitchen cupboard.... fits perfectly!


Still searching for the perfect shelf, pot rack, window treatments (probably valance or swag).


My tree is almost fully decorated.


One of my angels ornaments that I made hanging on my tree.

I still have some handmade ornaments to hang on my tree but other than that my living room is decorated for Christmas. I love to relax by my lit tree at night, drinking a cup of hot tea with my dog Ellie curled up next to me, her head in my lap....so peaceful.
 Hope you are warm and cozy wherever you happen to be. I don't believe I will be warm until spring but I sure try! 


"Let it snow!"..........

Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful decor!! LOVE the color of your walls!! I am a color lover myself and have NO white walls in my home!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve inches of snow would make me want to stay inside and bake too! Your new cupboard looks great Linda!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete