Friday, September 6, 2013

Update: Crossing My Tees




My latest tshirt scarf....hold that thought. More on that in a minute!


If you read my post from yesterday, this post will make sense to you. If you did not read my original Crossing my Tees post, here is the LINK.

I placed the scarf around my neck and the center piece in the flower was just a bit too heavy so I had to replace it with something lighter. I chose the pearl-like center and used hot glue to apply it the the flower's center.

So I went from this:



to this....



On the back side of the flower I attached a pin with hot glue....to be extra sure that it stays fixed in place, I will stitch in on as well.

Now I can pin it onto other articles of clothing. Last night I wore it on a white sweater. It was cute!



Just another example of live and learn.....

UPDATE:

I decided to give a fuschia tshirt a whirl using a bit more imagination than the last tshirt scarf above and this is what I came up with:



This provided me with a little more eye candy! I love color, texture, etc. Just does more for me visually than the last version.



Can you see the braided string in the center?



Here is a close up so you can see the braid better.



Yup, that was a lot of fun to make! I am going to experiment with some other types of trim and some lacey versions too!

Sharing this post at the following parties:


From The Farm Blog Hop


One More Time Events


Find a Friend Friday can be accessed HERE!
My Turn For us: Freedom Fridays. Please click HERE!

Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

3 comments:

  1. The pearl is the perfect touch to make the black and white look elegant. LOVE the pink, of course! The braid is a sweet touch. You're so smart and come up with so many neat ideas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scarves Linda! I really like the versatility of the first one (black & white).

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fuchsia scarf, especially with the braided section!

    ReplyDelete