Thursday, August 22, 2013

To Do List: Quench Thirst, Bake Zucchini Bread, Catch up on Housework!


This is delicious!


I had a lot of catching up around the house today since I didn't spend too many hours at home this past week. There was laundry to do, lots to pick up, floors to vacuum, dishes in the sink and I had my heart set on making two loaves of zucchini bread!

After vacuuming the living room, I was thirsty and it was really beginning to warm up inside. I ran to the kitchen and made myself a pitcher of spiked water. (spiked with sliced strawberries, lemons and sprigs of mint) I immediately poured myself a glass of water over ice and refilled the pitcher and placed it in the fridge. 


For later.....



For right now!!!!


I continued to drink and then refill all day! 

I managed to get some chores done and baked the zucchini bread. It was delicious! I ate some within minutes of taking it out of the oven. It was yummy and warm with just the right amount of cinnamon flavor! I added twice the amount called for in the recipe. See recipe below.




My Zucchini Bread Recipe--Makes 2 Loaves

3 C flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I used 2)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt (I used a tiny bit less)
2 1/2 C shredded zucchini
1 C oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C sugar
I also added walnuts

Preheat oven to 325. Prepare 2 loaf pans (I spray lightly with olive oil spray.)

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add oil and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Then stir in zucchini. To this mixture, add the sugars, beating well.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add walnuts if desired. Mix well until batter is smooth.

Pour into two loaf pans.

Bake for about 1 hr or until loaves are nicely browned.


and......

....while still warm, you must slice a piece of this bread and add just a bit of butter and ENJOY! 


YUM! These zucchini loaves are nice to have on hand and freeze nicely. Double the recipe and freeze some for later. Always nice to have when unexpected company drops by.

Now back to more housework......

1 comment:

  1. I always have lots of fruit on hand, I'll try the spiked water! I know I would love it! I always made zucchini bread too...so good! It has such a fresh flavor! Enjoy your evening my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete