Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just In Time for Your Sunday Brunch

A Side of Toast, a Cup of Coffee and Some Orange Juice Please!




Tonight I decided to try these little eggs baked in a muffin tin. I have seen photos of them all over Facebook and I am sure they are on Pinterest too. They looked delicious and seemed easy enough. It was a perfect time to try them, as we wanted something simple for dinner. Sometimes we just love to have breakfast for dinner! 



 Essentially, you place a slice of ham in a regular-sized, greased muffin tin to act as a "crust".  Then you drop an egg on top of the ham and then add whatever little extras you happen to have on hand. I happened to have red and green peppers, I shredded some cheese and of course added a little salt and lots of pepper. I was bummed that I used my last onion in last night's tossed salad. Next time! And there will be a next time because these little eggs baked in a muffin tin were very tasty!


See how the ham becomes the "crust". I use one slice of black forest ham for each egg.

I made six of them and put them in the oven to bake  at 350 degrees while I prepared blueberry pancakes on the stove. I really had no idea what temperature to bake them at or for how long (I never did read the recipe--just saw the photo) but they were done in about 20 minutes! The best part is that they slid right out of the tin and they looked presentable. Picture perfect actually!



I might just be adding this to my Christmas morning brunch menu! They are so easy to prepare! I will be sure to have an onion on hand for the next batch, some chopped spinach and some diced tomatoes. I imagine that chopped asparagus would be delicious in these as well. The possibilities are really endless....YUM!

This turned out to be eggcellent choice for our "breakfast for dinner" tonight. I can't wait to make them again!


Linking up to:
Life on Lakeshore Drive's A Bouquet of Talent Linky Party, Click
Here and check it out!

Suburbs Mama's Sunday Link Party, Click Here to visit!

Suburbsmama


ONE BIG PARTY!!!! 
Let's Get Social Sunday
 Check out all of the hostesses below!!!

Loves Bakes Good Cakes--Click Here!
My Turn For Us--Click Here!
Mamal Diane--Click Here!
Yesterfood--Click Here!
With a Blast--Click Here!
Cooking With Curls--Click Here!
Memories by the Mile--Click Here!
and:

The Squishable Baby--Click Here!
My Stay At Home Mama Life--Click Here!

Let's Get Social Sunday


Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom's Inspiration Monday Party! Click Here!

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom


Sew Many Way's Sew Darn Crafty Party!
Click Here!

sew many ways

6 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! I just pinned. Can't wait to make these. Stopping by from Suburbs Mama party. :)

    Kathy
    lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, these are gorgeous...so colorful (and love that plate!)! Thanks for joining us for Let's Get Social Sunday, and for adding our button!

    Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at our Social Sunday. I am now following you all ways.
    This breakfast looks delicious! Pinned it to make soon.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy and easy enough for me to try to make! Just found your blog and became a new follower! Please visit mine if you get a moment (and follow if you like what you see!) Have a great day!
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, Linda. What a great idea. Pinning so I don't forget. :)
    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to have eggs for dinner, those look wonderful! Thanks for stopping and following, now following you too. Laura

    ReplyDelete