Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm a Little Bit Country....Our Tour of an Amish Farm


I love old barns. I took this photo in Gettysburg, PA while we were walking around the memorials and the cemetery. This old red barn is so beautiful standing alone in the field. I couldn't help but feel humbled by the beauty and history of the area. I will share more photos of Gettysburg later. This post will contain the photos I took during a tour of an Amish Farm and a drive through the country side.



We toured this beautiful farm. I believe we were in Lancaster, PA but I could be mistaken. At any rate it is in the Lancaster area.




I absolutely love this photo. It was a cloudy day with a little drizzle. A little rain did not stop me from wandering around the farm. It made me a little envious of "the simpler life."



A closeup view of the barn, silo and windmill....



We strolled along the path, visited animals in the barns and went inside the school house.



These guys just ignored us!




Continuing our tour.....




This sign is for "directionally challenged" people like ME!




Loved this little flower garden and rail fence.




so pretty....






These sunflowers kept calling me.....I can picture myself sitting among them with a piece of straw in my mouth. I confess that I am a little bit country.....




Had to get a closer image!



Later we drove through the countryside. I have never seen so much corn in my entire life. We were completely surrounded by corn on both sides of the road. Could not even see over it!



Just one of the many beautiful farms along our country drive.


We enjoyed this road trip so much...We drove by Amish homes where the children were all outside playing, enjoying the outdoors, running around the yards. Made me really stop and think about our children today--sitting inside completely absorbed with texting, laptops, computer games, etc.

I am definitely going back someday for a longer visit. We really did not have a lot of time to explore and see all that this area has to offer. It is such a beautiful area and really makes me yearn for a much simpler life in the country! I cannot wait to go back.

Linking up with:
The Farmhouse Porch's Tuesdays The Scoop, Click HERE!
and
Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday #174, Click HERE!
and
Fresh Eggs Daily's From the Farm Blog Hop, Click HERE!


From The Farm Blog Hop

9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda~ I'll be back in the AM when I can take a better and longer look. I'm in danger of falling asleep at the computer...was just on my way to bed and closing down for the night when I got your sweet invitation. I can tell it deserves some alert time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vee,
    LOL! I am just heading off to bed myself....was away from blogging almost a full week and have so much to catch up on. I love browsing through your photos! Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your post. I just found you over at The Scoop and would love for you to come share at my From the Farm Blog Hop! It's a fun party that's just getting started for this week.
    http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2013/08/from-farm-blog-hop.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily
    www.fresh-eggs-daily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! and I was right...it deserved attention. it reminds me of a journey I took through Lancaster County 44 long years ago. I remember seeing the beautiful farms, the corn fields, the Amish children playing. This brought back some wonderful memories.

    it was interesting to see the sign for the lime kiln, too, having just watched that process on Tales From the Green Valley or perhaps Edwardian Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took some amazing photos my friend! I love barns and would like to pin some of these on my Rustic Barns with charm board! Love the photo of the big picture...driving and coming around the curve! Also the photo of the sunflowers is gorgeous. If I was an artist...I would paint it! Glad you had a nice trip and got home safe and sound. I missed you! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good ole barn and the history they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos!
    Have a beautiful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to go there to visit. Great photos!
    Thanks for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2013/08/amaze-me-monday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, I love barns too so of course I had to come right over here when I saw the barn on your sidebar. You took some beautiful pictures. Sometimes a cloudy day makes for a better background! The shots of the sunflowers against the barn wall are just gorgeous! Linda

    ReplyDelete