Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blueberry Cake Plus!

Kit's Blueberry Cake




This started out as a blueberry cake baking project but in the end, it turned out to be a triple berry cake.  I remembered that I had blackberries and raspberries in the fridge in addition to blueberries and I just could not resist throwing in a handful of each along with the cup of blueberries called for in the recipe. That is how I roll.....




I started by getting out my trusty cook book with some of my mom's handwritten recipes.  (She gave this to me as a gift and I have posted from this cookbook before) I love this book! 

But mom, if you are reading this, there are still a lot of empty pages.....just sayin'.




Opened up to this page....oops a little difficult for you to see. I can fix that!


Gather up all of these ingredients.....remember that I also tossed in a good-sized handful of raspberries and blackberries.


Above are the directions and about 45 minutes later......


This wonderful concoction of cake and berries! Absolutely delicious, especially while still warm. To quote the words of my daughter after her first bite,"OH MY GOD!"


Look at that! You really have to try this!

Linking this post up with:
Domesblissity's Thriving on Thursday Linky Party #79, CLICK
HERE

Fresh Eggs Daily's From the Farm Blog Hop, Click Here
Sunny Simple Life's From the Farm Blog Hop, Click Here
From The Farm Blog Hop



My Turn For Us Freedom Fridays, Click Here

1 comment:

  1. That looks incredible....I'm trying NOT to look! I love blueberries but can't eat sugar any more. I think I miss blueberry muffins...pancakes, etc the most! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete