Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wristlet With a Sunny Disposition

The Heat is Still On!


The color of my most recent sewing project seems appropriate for the extremely high temperatures we have been experiencing for a few weeks here in New Hampshire....this girl has been on fire! ...and not in a good way! 

I love summer. Don't get me wrong! But the heat and humidity are not my friends. They just don't agree with me.  I am both happy and relieved to report that the heat will become less extreme beginning tomorrow. I cannot wait! I am going to open every window in the house. I love temperatures in the high 70's and low 80's and zero humidity! 

I sat out on my very hot porch today and finished sewing this little batik wristlet. I could not even sew in a straight line. Seriously!




This is a practice project. I am making up the pattern pieces as I go. The finished bag is approximately 6"x8" and self-lined. I made the wrist strap a bit longer and attached a little bow.


Anyways, another project completed... Tonight we are expecting storms ahead of the approaching cold front. I say, "bring on the rain!" Hope you are cool wherever you happen to be! 

"Reds, yellows and oranges conjure up sunlight and fire, while the blues and blue-greens evoke snow and ice, sea, sky and moonlight."
Anonymous

Linking up to:

Sew Many Ways' Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party #124, Click 
HERE!


sew many ways
AND

twelveoeight's  Inspiration Monday Party, Click HERE!
twelveOeight

6 comments:

  1. What a cute little wristlet! Our weather is hopefully cooling down a little and I hope yours will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this choice of fabric for the wristlet! I love summer too. I don't worry too much about the weather; each part of the country has unique characteristics~ some of which are good and some not so much. But summer is grand and we have to take the good with the bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute bag/wristlet! You are right perfect colors for the summer heat! I am wishing the rain clouds your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wristlet pouch looks wonderful, Linda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Linda, I love how the material you have chosen reflects the heat of your summer. I can think of a number of uses for this pretty bag and I know my daughters would love it aswell.
    I do hope the weather cools a little for you, as like you, I love opening the windows, to allow the fresh air to flow through the house.
    Thank you for paying me a visit, it was so lovely to read your comment. I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and I have become a new follower, I am your 50th follower.
    Have a lovely day today.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog and I walk in on a gorgeous bag with nice bright fun colors. Well done. Thank you for having me and I look forward to following along. Tammy

    ReplyDelete