Friday, June 28, 2013

Applesauce-Stuffed, Baked Pork Chops


Some Time for Me, Myself and I


Dinner tonight--recipe below


This afternoon I realized that I was very hungry. With the heat and humidity over the past several days, I have not had much of an appetite so I have not been eating as much as I normally do. I think it finally caught up with me and instead of snacking on veggies and dip or other small meals I had been eating, tonight I needed a filling dinner.

No one was home but me. So I spoiled myself rotten. I baked some stuffed pork chops--this used to be one of my favorite dinners growing up. It's my mom's recipe and it is delicious and EASY to prepare. Everyone thinks I go to great lengths whenever I make this, but it is a quick stir and throw it in the oven kind of dish! I also baked sweet potatoes (added a sprinkle of cinnamon) and cooked some fresh green beans.

How to prepare the stuffing: (for 3 center cut, bone-in pork chops)

3 slices of Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1 C applesauce (sometimes I add more)
Yup, that's all folks!


Tear the slices of bread into small, bite-sized pieces and place in a small mixing bowl. Add the applesauce and stir. Divide evenly and place on the pork chops covering them entirely. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until done.

It doesn't get much easier than that! I have added craisins, chopped apple, walnuts, onions and celery--whatever floats my boat at the particular time....the pork chops are so nice and moist when they come out of the oven. The stuffing is delicious! 


I decided to spoil myself even further by making a cocktail for myself using mostly (Simply Lemonade brand) pink raspberry lemonade, a little margarita mixer, a bit of tequila and some frozen raspberries. That was really refreshing!!(The photo makes this look much larger than it actually was--just wanted to clarify that!!! LOL!)


I love raspberries! 


I had a nice quiet dinner alone, out on the porch as thunderstorms were rolling in. I find the sound of distant thunder peaceful and relaxing. I dined in peace and quiet, with my dog Ellie at my side.

"All four elements were happening in equal measure--the cuisine, the wine, the service and the overall ambience. It taught me that dining could happen at a spiritual level."
Charlie Trotter

No comments:

Post a Comment