Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Pledge Completion of this Quilt....




Last summer I pledged before my readership of, um, 3 (followers), that I would begin and then complete my first quilt ever. I did begin my first quilt. Click here for original post and pledge Since I wasn't exactly a household name then (......not that I ever will be) I probably could get away without making the following confession but here goes:  I DID NOT COMPLETE THE QUILT. There I said it. 

I fully intended to. I did have a couple of good excuses. Seriously I did. I had some health issues and my beautiful dog Willie, got sick and had to be put down. Blogging took a backseat to LIFE for several months. To be truthful I really missed my dog. We were such buddies and I was so sad.

 I also had a commitment which went in a direction I had not fully planned and took all my time and energy. Things have since changed on both fronts. I have fulfilled my commitment and we rescued a beautiful dog, Ellie. I have posted about her recently and back when we got her. click here  She is no angel but we are working on getting her to earn some wings. (Though night before last she jumped up to the counter and stole my fully cooked, tenderloin pork roast, so angel wings might be stretching it a tad.) But we love her anyways.

I decided it was time to honor my pledge of completing my first quilt. So I started digging for the pieces I knew were already cut out and the rest of the fabric. I located most of the fabric but could only find one heart.


Then I discovered I was missing the green fabric strips that I knew had already been cut. I searched high and low.

I found one more block completed, then the rest of the green and finally the last two hearts....All pieces fully accounted for!



.... this is how much of the quilt top is already completed:


This is completely doable! Only 3 blocks left to go and lo and behold, I have another partial block started:


I plan to have the quilt top finished this week. Please note I carefully chose the word "plan" instead of "pledge" just in case some life gets in the way.

I am excited to honor my last summer's pledge and will post my progress.

Do you have an unfinished project or two that you want to complete?

"With every project you do, you bring out a part of yourself, and it seems to be quite a good way of  expanding a person."
Kate Beckinsale


Linking this post to:

Domesblissity: Thriving on Thursdays Linky Party CLICK HERE to crash this party! Going back myself to check out all the yummy recipes and DIY projects.



4 comments:

  1. The little heart in each block sure makes it special! It's really gorgeous. I don't start any big projects...I would never finish them. But I have a whole list of small unfinished projects! lol I actually like having lots of things to work on when I get in the mood. Love your new banner, too! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the little hearts too. I actually worked on the last three blocks tonight and finished them. Now I just need to sew the blocks together and attach the last row and the top will be done! It did not take long and it was nice and peaceful sewing out on the porch during the thunderstorms. Hope you are enjoying your trip.
    Safe travels!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    Thank you so much for visiting me at Home is Where the Heart is. Its a pleasure meeting you. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write back, I have been adjusting to retirement, gosh I haven't even posted in a month (so bad).
    I really love your quilt and you have done a great job!!! I love the hearts :)
    Such a pretty quilt.
    I have been sewing too, making shower and wedding gifts. I also have a quilt cut out to sew for my oldest daughter.
    I have become your newest follow and look forward to visting again.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments. I hope you get back to posting soon. Couldn't help but fall in love with your puppy and am looking forward to seeing updated photos and reading some adventures with your new little puppy. Hope you also post photos of the sewing projects you have been working on for gifts.
    Have a great day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete