Saturday, April 20, 2013

All Tied Up!


easy zippered bags, cosmetic bags

So, if you have followed the posts from the past couple of days, you will know that I have been working on a project--making several zippered lined pouches. I had four pouches done when I realized that the leftover fabric from each bag would make such a cute little matching bag. For the first bag I used the coordinating lining for the outside of the bag (above) and another bag I used the same fabric for the smaller bag. Then I tied each one up with some organza--now that looks more like a gift!!! I love the green set! But then I am a bit of a greeniac!


A different view...lighting is off in this photo....


Next set of bags....lighting and color is a bit off in this photo too.


Making these could turn into an addiction...


The color is more accurate in this photo...


You may remember this fabric used for a tote in an earlier post.


This will be the smaller bag--same as inside lining of the bag above it.


Oh oh...more fat quarters...more bags!


and more...


more....


They were on sale today at Joanne Fabrics, so I could not resist! These are so fun to make. My red and aqua set is almost done. Then on to the gray set.


I forgot to pick up a 7" zipper for the small gray bag today so I will return to Joanne's tomorrow. It will be a miracle if I can come out of that store with just the zipper. They are having a great sale and if you purchase $50, you get a 25% OFF YOUR NEXT WEEK'S PURCHASE! 

The small bag is cut from a 7" x 5" pattern as opposed to the larger bag  pattern that measures 9" x 7".

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW....Goodnight!

I am linking this post up with: Vintage on a Dime's Welcome Home Wednesday #31 Party.
Click HERE to view all the party participants!

5 comments:

  1. Love these, what a great idea. So attractive tied together with ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the blog backup worked great for you. What colleges are you looking at? I remember looking at schools and now Courtney is graduating in a few weeks and Kelsie will be a senior. Time flies!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING these bags my friend! The bright colors are just gorgeous! Love the one with orange flower or swirls....looks like Florida! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,

    Thanks for your visit and comment! I love your zippered pouches!! New follower here via GFC. It would be great if you could visit again and follow me too. Have a spectacular week!

    http://freshjuniper.blogspot.com

    Reecea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat project - I wish I knew how to sew! I really like the pink and yellow one :) Thank you for joining us at Let's Get Social Sunday last week! I hope you'll join us again! Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

    ReplyDelete