Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!




 Thanksgiving is over, the fall decorations have been taken down and we are now getting out bins and bins of Christmas decorations. I will decorate a little each day so that I don't aggravate my neck. Looking up is a headache trigger for me and since the second round of botox has worked very well in reducing these debilitating headaches I do not want to do anything to set myself back.

 Many years ago I made Santa ornaments in three different sizes and they are among some of my favorite ornaments. I found the idea in a craft magazine and I tweaked it a bit, changed the shape slightly and added my own touches. I love Santas! the first one shown is only about 3" tall.


This Santa ornament has a little bit more embellishment and is about 51/2 " tall. I have them all over my tree and they are made from various scraps of leftover fabrics in several shades of red. This is a great way to use up scraps of fabric!


Sorry that this photo is a bit blurry....this is the largest Santa and this one measures about 12". 


Another large, but blurry photo of Santa made in a red print.


Here's a Santa tucked inside a wreath....



This Santa I did not make. I purchased him from a home decor party that I attended many years ago. He has  spent quite a few Christmases with us guarding our tree. I love him!

Today I will get out another box of decorations....I made many paper angels and will hang them on the tree next. I will post pictures. The angel ornaments are very easy to make and I will include some directions on how to make them. Stay tuned!

"Alas, how dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus!...There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence."
Francis P Church

1 comment:

  1. I love your Santa ornaments and can't wait to see the angels now. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete