Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Counting My Blessings--Happy Thanksgiving!




Happy Thanksgiving! My creative side has been a bit on hold in recent weeks but I hope that I can return soon to what I love most.

I recently was given about 250 Mason jars and given the popularity of reusing/repurposeing Mason jars, in a small way I feel as though I have hit the jackpot. I have a million-and-one thoughts and ideas of what I would like to do with them. The above photo is a centerpiece I made from one of the Mason jars to brighten the extra table I will need to fit everyone at  for dinner on Thursday. All that was needed was some corn, a small candle and some autumn leaves to create a bright spot to the dining table. I made two......only 248 or so Mason jars to go!

Thanksgiving is at my house this year. My oldest daughter Jenn will be arriving Thursday with her finance James, and they will be staying until Saturday. Emily will be arriving Wednesday and staying until Sunday. She is bringing Ellie, one very adorable golden retriever with her (she is babysitting the dog which belongs to her friend) and they will be here until Sunday. I love it when my three daughters are together and I get such a kick out of watching them intereact with each other. There are times in the past where this was not always the case. I am really looking forward to everyone being together.

My parents and two sisters will also be present and everyone is contributing something to our traditional family feast. Tomorrow I will begin my bake-athon and clean-athon though I do have to be at the rink tomorrow evening for a few hours. So my day will begin early and end fairly late, but I am fortunate in so many ways and I have many blessings to count.

I have washed my table linens--they are in the dryer now and I spent some time today washing all the wine glasses and gathering my large serving dishes. I cannot wait for our turkey dinner!



I also placed some autumn leaves around the chandelier. These were 70% off at Joanne Fabrics. I used two strings which were $2.99 each. all my favorite colors! Remember those curtains from my previous post?


Another view of the Mason jar candle--total cost about $3.00.
 
Well, my dryer buzzer just went off so I must go get my tablcloths out of the dryer so they will not be so difficult to iron. I just wanted to pop in briefly to say hello and to wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoy the holiday with your family and friends!
 
 
"The more we express our gratitude to God for our blessings, the more he will bring to our mind other blessings. The more we are aware of to be grateful for, the happier we become."
Ezra Taft Benson
 

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment