Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quilt Update--I'm baaaaack!




Life is beginning to return to a new normal. Though the house is quieter than what I am used to, and there is a  rather large presence missing, life does go on. Occasionally, sadness overtakes me out of the blue, but it passes quickly. I am able to smile over memories of my beautiful dog. I love and miss him so.

Sewing can be so therapeutic and I have missed it over the past week or so....Last night I made up my mind that I would dive back in. After all, I made a pledge to complete my first quilt by summer's end.

I decided to join two rows of  my quilt blocks together. I lined everything up, pinned the rows together, and stitched the entire length without incident. Wow, that was easy! I opened it up to admire my work and that is when I realized that I had run out of bobbin thread and only two blocks were actually joined together. That was irritating! There should be an alarm with flashing lights that warns you of a soon to be empty bobbin. Back to the drawing board. I will be back. I really want to get the quilt top completed this week....

"Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we  must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching forward."
Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment